EV uni project - brake servo control module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kev-Ush

Car
2004 CL 600
Hi folks

The son of a friend of mine is involved in a uni project involving converting a car to electric.

They are trying to sort out the brakes. He was showing me all there options for there system. Most of which involved lots of magic that I don't understand including flip flop logic thingys etc.

Anyway... he said they were using a hella vacuum pump similar to ones used on Mercedes...to which I said that Mercedes has a dedicated control module for running that pump. He was quite interested in that and wants to see how proper car manufacturers go about controlling it.

I gave him a link to one of the control modules from a 00-07 C180 on eBay and told him I would try and get some wiring diagrams for it.

So!! ....does anyone have a wiring diagram for the servo vacuum pump or a pin out for the control module. Or just any information on what inputs and outputs it needs or what other controls modules it talks to.

Thanks,

Kev.

Last edited:
Thanks for the and the links I'll pass them on.

He has already been doing some research on this system and found that the x-type jag uses the same sort of black box control unit thing...and he has bought an UP32 pump from a Porsche of some sorts.

He said he managed to find a wiring diagram for the x-type jag and thinks he can make it work. The black box from the jag apparently switches the pump on when the manifold pressure falls below -0.45bar and switches it off again when it's at -0.75bar. The only thing he said he will do is get the black box to switch a relay instead of going directly to the pump as he is worried the black box is only designed to run the smaller UP28 pump so might not handle the larger UP32 pump.

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom