Evening all. Big problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bubba

Car
CLK230 K elegance
Girlfriend just spilt milkshake on and around my gear selector. Lots of lights flashing and car would not start. I pulled the top off exposing a circuit board and there was a little fluid in there so I dabbed that off and the car started.

Can't select and hears now and the engine management light is on.

HELP!!! [emoji30]

Bub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well kicked her out! Used the screwdriver trick to select drive and tickled home stuck in 1st gear. Cleared the fault codes and it now selects gears but the display is blank, no reverse lamps and still only 1st gear in drive [emoji17]. Is there a thread on removing the selector ? I will do that and see if I can clean/dry it.

It is a w208

Fit yes, but has the Blonde gene unfortunately lol

Come on moderators, do something about these ridiculous comments which are highly insulting to women. I'm sure they don't represent the majority of people who contribute to this otherwise excellent forum.

Bawhahah

If you spill red wine, then white wine is supposed to to remove the stains.

If it was a strawberry milkshake you could get your 'girlfriend' to try spilling vanilla over it.

What I want to know is what were you doing to make her spill her milkshake

9399de0ecc5146fe14ad431026bd17bc.jpg

Well it's out cleaned and dried, now ready to refit....

[emoji30] hasn't worked

selphy said:
Come on moderators, do something about these ridiculous comments which are highly insulting to women. I'm sure they don't represent the majority of people who contribute to this otherwise excellent forum.

Don't worry about it. Somewhere, elsewhere in the world. There is a group of women slagging men off and making equally insulting remarks about men. It's life's big circle. We're in 2015

Hi,
Looking at your photo I would assume the liquid has shorted out a, or some electronic components and blown them. I would imagine cheapest way forwards is a breakers yard for a new circuit board, unless you want to fault find and test each component individually.
Steve.

Thanks toolman, I am on the search as we speak. I have found some on eBay from a w210 with the same set up but a different outer casing. I'm wondering if I could make it fit using my casing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom