Event Tyres B.V?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Does anyone know anything about Event Tyres B.V?

Event Tyres

I have one of these nearly new on the rear, but the other rear tyre is towards the end of it's life. I'm inclined to replace both whilst I am at it.

All I've found so far about Event Tyres is that they are VERY cheap - which makes me believe they are also VERY poor. But does anyone know of a proper review for any of their range - more out of curiosity? (most reviews are for Event Tyres - the UK tyre fitting service)

Thanks.

My CLK came with a brand new set of Event tyres when I bought it. Did about 5 miles on them before driving straight to a tyre place to get them off !

Enough said!

My CLK came with a brand new set of Event tyres when I bought it.

Surely, you didn't buy a car where the owner had fitted budget tyres as that shows that they don't care about the car, it's condition and maintenance, their family's welfare, or their own life.

Surely, you didn't buy a car where the owner had fitted budget tyres as that shows that they don't care about the car, it's condition and maintenance, their family's welfare, or their own life.

My car, bought from a dealer, was being used by his wife - guess he had a replacement already lined up - wife as well as car I mean :)

My car, bought from a dealer, was being used by his wife - guess he had a replacement already lined up - wife as well as car I mean :)

Dealers will stick any old shocking thing on for sale providing it passes it's MOT. When I got my A4 it had 3 good Dunlops and a Millenium on the front, and a brand-new Dunlop in the boot. They put the Millenium on rather than refurb the 5th wheel as it was cheaper.....

(of course they had told me they had refurbished ALL the wheels so I picked them up on this when I looked at what the spare was when the car nearly killed me on the way home from buying it in the wet as it was lethal with the millenium on).

They weren't prepared to put it right (as in replace the lethal tyre) but did refurb the wheel in the boot. The crappy tyre stayed in the boot as the spare and never did get used. I eventually had it replaced when I cycled round the Falkens and put a well worn ZE912 on the spare in place of the horrible bit of rubber that was there....

D.

In fairness to the dealer the car has been excellent and commented as such by another garage who serviced it.

I guess tyre brands just don't sell every-day cars, maybe on a high performance sports car it will, but not mine.

The single Event tyre was probably put on to replace a punctured tyre soon before sale. A decent mid-range tyre is only £50, so I don't feel hard done by.

when the car nearly killed me on the way home from buying it in the wet as it was lethal with the millenium on).

Is that not a bit of an over reaction again? How did the car nearly kill you, did it have you by the throat and was throttling you, or something?

Looks like today is Daily Wail mode...

Some people are silly like that :D I kicked the neighbours cat as a form of compensation..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom