Event Tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timk

Car
VW Passat Alltrack, E39 BMW M5, Mercedes C55 AMG Wagon
Following a suggestion from this site, I would recommend them. Just had 2 Conti SportContact3 Merc spec tyres fitted to my C43 at £106 per side including balancing. Cheaper than anywhere else and they came out to my house to fit them, got to be less of a pain than going to Kwik fit or similar.:thumb:

i have being going to event tyres now for few years,i use their depot on stretford road old trafford.the prices and service A1

Event tyres...there was I thinking you were preparing for a track day.:):)

yea just where i ordered from a few weeks back :)

Could you let us know how you get on with balancing? Thats the only thing that I cant understand how they get right... balancers need to be on solid ground and need to be calibrated if they are moved all of an inch... cant imagine how they can work reliably on a van.

Could you let us know how you get on with balancing? Thats the only thing that I cant understand how they get right... balancers need to be on solid ground and need to be calibrated if they are moved all of an inch... cant imagine how they can work reliably on a van.

Will do once I get the car on a motorway:thumb:

I have used Event several times over the years, never had a problem with balancing. They always worked out within a few quid of the cheapest I could find.

Phew just realiesed you ment Event tyres-the company rather than Event tyres-the brand... -don't.....

Used Event Tyres a few times now. They come and fit tyres to a few people at work now too. Very happy with their service.

£106 each, or £106 average?

I just paid £100 for the fronts and £130 for the rears (same tyres - MO Contis).

Balancing seems fine, no wheel wobble or vibration at motorway speeds and rides smoothly.

My price included a free tow up onto the industrial estate (Christmas Eve - still snow laid all about) behind a Suzuki too :D

These machines self-calibrate - some only require a one-time calibration depending on hard/soft bearing method.

Even so, most are only accurate to within 10 grams using cone mounts.

I've used them a few times now, and they're coming to do the tyres on Mrs E's W203 tomorrow.

Used them on many occasions for everthing from the Merc to a 911, always arrive on time, always do a good job (and get the tyre pressures right) never had a problem with balancing and to top it all i always found them the cheapest for the outfits that visit you and very polite with it. Top service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom