Ever Done a Engine Swap On a 202.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sonny Burnett

MB Enthusiast
Car
W208 CLK55 AMG
i want to put a bigger lump in the c180.. a m112 or a m104, 2.8 has anyone ever herd of this being done? i know id have to change a few bits but the gearbox and frame are near new.... any help or comment greatly apriciated :cool:

i want to put a bigger lump in the c180.. a m112 or a m104, 2.8 has anyone ever herd of this being done? i know id have to change a few bits but the gearbox and frame are near new.... any help or comment greatly apriciated :cool:
To much work mate,it might be cheaper to buy a c280.If you like the car as a can see the mileage is low to,buy Koolvin`s turbo kit.:thumb:

The 104 into a C180 is doable. You will need to change the following:-

ECU
Wiring loom
Radiator
Fuel Pump(s)
Uprate the rear diff if you are using the g/box from a 2.8.

You may have to find a complete donor car for all the bits.

ECU
Wiring loom
Radiator
Fuel Pump(s)

Front springs ;) hence is better getting another car

Very true, Ollie has a 2.8 210 for sale, too good to break though.

ECU
Wiring loom
Radiator
Fuel Pump(s)

sounds good might as well get a cheap clapped 280 say a 94 get the engine reconditioned.. get a new harnes and radiator.. the more i thin kabout it the more it can be done..

sounds good might as well get a cheap clapped 280 say a 94 get the engine reconditioned.. get a new harnes and radiator.. the more i thin kabout it the more it can be done..
It can be done,but what spec do you have in your car?

It's never going to be worth the hassle.

Clean W202s start from £1-2k these days, and C36 AMGs can be had from £2-3k upwards.

You'll even find C43s from a shade upwards of £4k.

Will

Most of what you need is here

Its not worth it financially - but its a challenge if nothing else. I reckon you would learn a lot about the car just doing the conversion.

Must be something in the water here in Essex :D

Most of what you need is here

Its not worth it financially - but its a challenge if nothing else. I reckon you would learn a lot about the car just doing the conversion.

Must be something in the water here in Essex :D

Agreed.

Do it for the experience/challenge certainly.

In addition to those already mentioned, possibly brakes, shocks...

But much less expense and hassle to buy a different car.

You will probably need an engineer's report to get insurance

or ive got a 220 engine and box only done 59 k you could have if not sold already?

a quick look on the net and its more worth buying a c36 and swapping what i have in mine over to the c36.. i dont know what i was thinking really i get to carried away..i really want something to tinker with..... mabe a stripped out c280 might make a good track day car hmm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom