Ever thought MB charge a lot for options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
Here is a new Ferrari GTC4 Lusso order from a guy in the USA.

Prices are in US $.

2374023d1490294954-just-ordered-screen-shot-2017-03-23-2.46.18-pm.jpg

2374024d1490294954-just-ordered-screen-shot-2017-03-23-2.46.28-pm.jpg

Pics not showing up

My favourites:

White rev counter 978 Euros or 1 Euro spray paint

Apply Carplay 4219 Euros or 200 Euros in a Golf.

Hub caps 843 Euros or 20 Euros off Ebay.

Ferrari tax, designed to weed out the hangers on from the true disciples.

$1800 for a pair of Scuderia stickers...

lol, I had to look twice there. I thought it said $20,249.00 for a pano roof! :eek:

Ant. :D

And what the hell is a HiFi system??? Are we still in 1980?

:thumb:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited by a moderator:
That is not untypical of high end cars;)
When I was at Bentley there was a rather smart room at the front of the factory which was a cross between a top tailors and a jewellers. It was where customers would choose their own interior wood type, colour of trim and carpet etc.
They would rack up similar bills for all the options to make it the car they wanted.
Statistics showed that 85% of them never asked the price:eek:

If you have to ask.....:eek:

That is not untypical of high end cars;)
When I was at Bentley there was a rather smart room at the front of the factory which was a cross between a top tailors and a jewellers. It was where customers would choose their own interior wood type, colour of trim and carpet etc.
They would rack up similar bills for all the options to make it the car they wanted.
Statistics showed that 85% of them never asked the price:eek:

If you have to ask.....:eek:

No harm in asking the price and a discount. If its hard earned.

No harm in asking the price and a discount. If its hard earned.
Absolutely! I would never go shopping without knowing the price first;)
Not that I do much shopping, I have a perfectly good wife for that:eek:

I guess there is a clue in the first part of my forum name.....:dk:

Have you tried configuring a Porsche Panamera here? Vehicle Key Painted incl. Key Pouch in Leather - $530; Sport Chrono Clock Dial in Luxor Beige - $420. Try it out and see...

Or, for the cost of a coat of paint (actually 3 coats if I read the quote correctly) you can have this entire, brand new, Ford Mustang with enough left over for a slap-up meal at Mrs. Miggin's pie shop..

2017 Ford Mustang - Search Inventory

Cheers,

Gaz

The $8,000 20" forged alloys are a relative bargain.

My good friend is head of sales at Leven Motor Company. They are official Rolls Royce dealers and sell a lot of serious heavy metal. He says the same thing , 90% of the buyers couldn't care less how much it is , if they like it , they buy it. It really is a different world at that level, totally.

The $8,000 20" forged alloys are a relative bargain.

The standard rims are forged, this is just a design change for $8K.

It's quite fun reading the forum and it does reflect some of the comments above about people with this level of wealth just not caring.

One of the guys on there was asked what colour he's ordered his GTC4 and replied with three colours as he'd ordered one for house in California, one for his place in Switzerland and a third for his house in another country I forgot.

There is quite a cross section of members though, people just entering F Car world with their first purchase and others that have collections of 20-30 Ferarris as well as many other cars.

What I do find interesting is the way some of the new limited build models are sold, when enquiring with your friendly local dealer it's suggested your chances of getting the latest must have Ferrari are greatly increased if you buy one of the less desirable models. Or the chances are your name won't get on the list never mind near enough the top of it.

Many FF's and California's were sold in this way particularly in the USA, in fact the take up of FF's was so slow at the beginning that it was easily possible to get very large discounts on them new.

Can you imagine going to MB to buy an AMG GT and they not so subtly explalin they'll sell you one if you buy an S Class saloon to go with it.

Last edited:
At that level it's the branding more than the product that justifies the price.
Lovely cars nevertheless.

Why are the figures scribbled in ?

I've yet to find any published prices for anything from Ferrari other than basic list price before options so it's likely these were jotted down either by the dealer or the buyer when they came to finalise the order.

At that level it's the branding more than the product that justifies the price.
Lovely cars nevertheless.

I'd love one, an FF or GTC4 but it will be used if that ever actually happens.

I just found the costs of some of these options quite daft. I look at the list and wonder why the $300K car doesn't come with an upgraded Hi-Fi to start with!

Carbon fibre bits do nothing for me, it just looks like tat, very very expensive tat in the case of a Ferrari.

One of my customers has purchase the last F12 ever manufactured
He's even managed to persuade the factory to certify it as the last one and put a stripe up the middle of it
They even had an artist do an impression to show what it will look like before they decide to allow (yes allow) it
But that's why money talks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom