Evian in the washer bottle for the windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marc777

Banned
Car
E270 cdi Avantgarde; Wifes car Yellow VW Beetle (new shape)
Wife tells me she just put a litre of Evian in the washer bottle..............can you believe it..........!

Then blames me for not filling it up as I was nagged to do last weekend........

Last edited:
Only the best will do!

Look, at least she got water in the washer bottle. It's water where water is meant to go anyway!

Last edited:
Only Evian ?????

I put Dom Perignon in mine !! ;)

buxton or decantae

been using them for years (mind you i have 100,000 bottles)

i know tesco do a huge 4 liter own brand mineral water bottle (square sharped) for only 69p, fairly cheap .. i admit i am thinking about using that in the washer

Last edited:
I make 8 trips back and forth with a pint of water from the tap, then 2 pints of screenwash. I live in a soft-water area though so the water is unlikely to block anything up with deposits (only thing in there is chlorine and that might help clean stuff! ;) )

I got a bottle of MB concentrate last week, when the little orange light came on as I arrived in the dealer's car park. (I did suspect remote-controlled trickery for a moment, but the reservoir was in fact low!)

The MB stuff is "specially formulated" to -

Eliminate wiper shadow (if you use Rain-X you'll know about this) which it does
Not scale up heated washer jets
Be a Nice Shade of Red (tm)

I didn't buy any special MB water though, so perhaps am not getting the full effect?

PS - why does fuel go in a 'tank', but screenwash go in a 'reservoir'?

...I use mineral water bottles to keep 2 litres of tap water in the boot. Got funny looks when I used them to top up the screenwash reservoir at a motorway service station once! This could be the same as keeping bags from expensive shops and using them for other shopping later!!
Rgds
Les

I use the spring water from LIDL :bannana:

Sniff. I used distilled water.

And before anybody goes off on one that is only because I have a dehumidifier that keeps a section of an outbuilding dry-ish and that happily produces 2-3 ltres per day when it is switched on.

Another source is to collect the ice when defrosting the freezer. Filter out the peas, sweetcorn and other Unidentified Frozen Objects and hey presto , distilled water.

do you know what Evian is spelt backwards "NAIVE" :eek:

I wonder where their water comes from?

I use the sweat and tears of my ten slaves <insert evil laugh sound effect here>

........actually I just use the plain tap water at the filling stations :)

though mineral water and distilled water make sense from a non streaking point of view (less impurities).. That said, maybe I should wash the car with mineral or distilled water, as tap water dries leaving residues of impurity on the paintwork.

fuzzer said:
I use the spring water from LIDL :bannana:

........and it still works in winter :D :D When my washer water runs out, its usually time for a service :D :D

Geoff2 said:
........and it still works in winter :D :D When my washer water runs out, its usually time for a service :D :D
Given the speed I go through windscreen-juice I'd be getting the car serviced every 4 or 5 days or something using that philosophy!

...When in reality due to my driving it really only needs servicing every 8-10 days! ;)

uumode said:
though mineral water and distilled water make sense from a non streaking point of view (less impurities)..

The name 'MINERAL water' should be telling you that the water is full of minerals and probably contains more 'impurities' than tap water. If you want to reduce or eliminate streaking, then distilled is the only way to go, although softened water may also be OK.

willy said:
do you know what Evian is spelt backwards "NAIVE" :eek:

I wonder where their water comes from?
Are you taking the ......?

GordonTarling said:
The name 'MINERAL water' should be telling you that the water is full of minerals and probably contains more 'impurities' than tap water. If you want to reduce or eliminate streaking, then distilled is the only way to go, although softened water may also be OK.

on second thoughts, I think you are quite right.
By impurities I meant the gunk that sticks to the edge of my coffee/tea cup

I use distilled water whenever I change the coolant in a car but not for the washers yet, I rarely have to top mine up, combination of RainX and PIAA wiper blade seems to work a treat.

Would Brita filter water be better than bottled water?

The worst thing about the W203 is the tiny washer bottle it has . Its hidden , but i recon its only about 2L :( so frequnt fillups.

I use 500ml of wash solution to 1.5l of spring water. Seems to work well and my wipers are still good after 23 months and 18k of town driving :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom