EVL124's new member intro

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EVL124

Car
1993 320CE with Brabus and AMG goodies
Hi All

My name is Tom, 22 from New Zealand, work in IT sales, and am somewhat of a Benz enthusiast. After a 2 year or so haitus am back to owning one again - my prev Mercs are

1989 Blauschwarz 190e 2.6 with 16v kit and interior and AMG rep wheels:
13535525RR.jpg

1994 Blauschwarz C280 with full AMG kit, staggered 17" wheels and exhaust:
13535510LK.jpg

1995 Brilliant Silver C36 AMG with staggered 18" E55 wheels:
001.jpg

And now a 1993 Blauschwarz 320CE
Genuine Gen I AMG kit
Staggered 17" AMG Aero II alloys
Brabus-esque exhaust with slash cut tips
Brabus B6 tuning package - tuning module and cam

134505304_full.jpg

134505242_full.jpg

134505218_full.jpg

134477515_full.jpg

Initially the engine was reportedly a 3.7 Brabus - odd as Brabus never made a 3.7, haha.
I have confirmed it is in fact the 3.2 Mercedes Motor, with a Brabus tuning kit - cam and control module which takes the motor up to about 180kw and 340nm - I suspected from the start and got it for good money so not too fussed.
Now while this is OK and it is certainly no slouch, I am already missing the power and torque of the AMG 3.6 motor, so here begins my hunt, and hopefully a project!
What I aim to do is as closely replicate the original AMG E36 coupe, with a few twists for superior performance.
Obviously I already have a full genuine AMG Gen I bodykit, and genuine staggered 17" AMG Mono II alloys (although I wouldn't mind finding an 18" set again) so the car is almost there exterior look wise.
What I do need/want to add is the AMG ducktail spoiler and genuine AMG exhaust tips, colour code the wheel centres, and leave the lips polished.
I plan to replace the cloth interior with a black leather coupe interior - all 4 seats, headrests and door cards - Having trouble finding one, so looks like I will have to do a re-trim.
And of course the important bit - the 3.6 AMG engine - which I think I have located!
I plan to keep my 5 speed transmission rather than the 4 speed from the C36/E36, and 3.06 ratio diff vs the 2.82 of the C36/E36, this means I will have considerably better acceleration while still enjoying low motorway revs.
I will get some nice tubular headers made up for it to replace the cruddy log style ones, and have a true dual 2 1/4 exhaust system with x pipe crossover made up.
Other things which would be good to do are a P&Ped head, and adapt E34 M5 manifold and E36 M3 ITBs, to the motor - which Carlsson successfully did on their 3.7 motor, but shall see when the time comes!
Suspension wise the car is good and it already has nice 4 pot stoppers with decent sized discs - although C36 brakes would be nice.
This will not be a quick project, more of a long term goal, as I see myself owning this car for a long time - one of the coolest looking cars ever IMO :thumb:

Wheel Plans - period coded centres with polished lip
13450530u4_full.jpg

Any feedback, suggestions would be great.

:D Welcome to the forum Enjoy! :D

Hi Tom
Welcome to the forum
Looks like you've had some lovely Mercedes in
the past and the latest looks superb

Hi there Tom and welcome to the forum.
Looks like a plan you`ve there,but I think it looks better with silver alloys
I would be very interested to know more about those headers,is something I`ve had in my mind for a good while.Looking forward to your project :thumb:

Hi Tom

Great looking coupe, can u give an idea on the performance increase with the B6 and headers u/g?

Oh and welcome :doh:

Welcome & Nice car Tom.
You have had some nice MBs for such a young age. I was still at Uni at your age & had not started learning even :eek: as I did not have enough cash for the lessons! I also had not 'seen the light' re MBs at that age- started off with some french stuff...
Sounds like a good project. Good luck with it. Performance should be very good to match the looks.

I have a genuine C124 AMG ducktail on the way, and C36 exhaust tips, and have found some W124 fitment OZ 3 peice alloys :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom