EWAnet ASTRA (technical)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dickchailey

Car
SL500 R129 1999
If you are running or installing EWAnet do not allow JAVA to update to version 1.6. I found I could not run ASTRA from the server and after a lot of time I found it necessary to remove all the JAVA runtime versions, reboot and install the version on the DVD. Then turn updates off on the JAVA console. Seems EWAnet does not like the updated JAVA software.

(Not sure if this is the correct place to post this, apologies if wrong.)

There has been a disclaimer notice for a long time stating not to use Java 1.6 on the website. I'm wondering if they're ever going to release a compatible version. I think you mean ASRA as well - not ASTRA :D.

I have the latest Java versions installed but I just disable 1.6 from the Java control panel

stats007 said:
There has been a disclaimer notice for a long time stating not to use Java 1.6 on the website. I'm wondering if they're ever going to release a compatible version. I think you mean ASRA as well - not ASTRA :D
Your thinking of EPC/WISnet.

EWAnet is the whole nine yards, same reasoning applies tho.

Thanks, wish I had seen the warning on the web site before I spent hours sorting the issue. Yes ASRA, sorry.
EWAnet (EPCnet,WIS/ASRAnet) on Windows 2003 server. Still working out the instructions for linking the parts prices files!

They should have put a notice on that.;) I had not noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom