Ex E55bof e63 for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I do recall an incident on another forum where a member was given an official valuation for sale, which the valuer said he would improve upon slightly and purchase it themselves.

When it turned up a dealer shortly afterwards, it became patently clear that they'd been lowballed, and the person concerned also worked for the dealer on the side. That caused quite a situation!

Am I right in assuming that the guy who bought it off E55BOF only had it for a few days??

Am I right in assuming that the guy who bought it off E55BOF only had it for a few days??

Yes; bought on Wednesday, up for sale on Saturday.

I don’t see any issue here. One member sold the car with full description for the value he thought was appropriate at the time and was/is happy with it. The other member bought it, tried it and wants to sell it, for whatever reason, again with full description and history. The only problem I see here is the number of haters who wish but can’t buy such a car. Get a life peeps and mind your own business.

People don't like dealers who pull a fast one, and if I'd been given some sort of ****-and-bull story to persuade me to bring the price down and the car was immediately put back on sale, I'd feel I'd been cheated. I sold Charlie an E55K not all that long ago, and he flipped that, so I knew he dabbled a bit in dealing in high(ish)-end cars, and I expected, and he admitted in conversation before money changed hands, that he'd move it on; I'm surprised it's happened so quickly, but that's all.

On the other hand, I think it is unlikely to find a buyer quickly at anywhere near the asking price, so he may indeed be able to enjoy driving it for a while yet...

I sold it for less than I thought it would fetch if I put it up for sale and was prepared to wait for a buyer, because I needed a quick sale. Charlie got what he wanted; I got what I wanted. Was I lowballed, duped or cheated? No.

To quote the police approach again: "Nothing to see here; move along, please... " :D

Last edited:
GLWS - I’d include in the ad the recent £12k engine rebuild as a very positive selling point. I’d much rather buy one with a full rebuild at that mileage than without.

I wouldn't drive it that much if I were Charlie, that's a very high mileage car already and it may be more attractive with 5 digits rather than 6 on the odometer. it must be a phenomenal cruiser to have so many miles put on it in that period of time.

10 posts will be reached soon !

Drove it today, utterly love driving it. Already put almost 1000 miles on it, I’m not fussed about putting miles on cars, they’re here to be driven in my eyes
I agree... drive it!

th

Decided to have it detailed. 3 stage paint correction. Be interesting to see the depth of shine on this colour.

I’d expect it to look stunning.

Having had full paint correction done on an Obsidian Black W212, I hope you have deep pockets or someone doing it at “mate’s rates” [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d expect it to look stunning.

Having had full paint correction done on an Obsidian Black W212, I hope you have deep pockets or someone doing it at “mate’s rates” [emoji33]

sadly no mates rates but I think £390 is a fair price to pay. I’m not having a ceramic coating as I won’t see the long lasting benefit but it’s having a swissvax best in show wax instead. Which I’m lead to believe is quite good?

also bought new centre caps as the old ones are looking tired.

£390 is a bargain if they genuinely put in the time. The lacquer is as hard as glass and if there’s anything other than very light marking on the car, they’ve got lots of hours to do if they’re doing a full 3-stage correction.

I would second that.

The S212 is a pretty large car to machine polish and the clearcoat is rock hard.

My previous E63 estate was a low mileage and very well maintained example but had clearly seen the wrong sorts of car washes in it’s past and the Designo platinum black paint needed quite a bit of work to make it sparkle like it should.

I did mine myself in the springtime over a couple of weeks, doing a few panels at a time. It’s the details that take the time - chemical decontamination, removing all the tar, claying the paint etc.

Just the lower side skirts and bumpers probably took me a whole day in total!

Even a single stage polish and wax though would probably make a huge visual difference. It’s chasing perfection that takes the time :)

It’s a 3 stage machine polish to chase perfection where it’s safe to do so.

as I don’t want it taken down to bare minimum lacquer, it isn’t fair on the next owner/ owners. I just want that lustrous colour to pop and not have the previous wash marks/ hazing. If I wanted perfection I’d be looking at £6/700 with this particular detailer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom