Ex-MB UK C43 AMG Press Car - Stunning Example

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Newton

Car
190d + C43 AMG
Car is a 1998 R in Azurite Blue with two-tone Blueberry Condor and Black Designo leather. Was the actual MB UK press car for first 16 months of its life and is featured in the original press photos, various period magazines and it's on the cover of a period AMG magazine.

Currently done 118k, and MOT until the end of April 2016.

Very very good condition throughout, not one of the usual rusty examples. Has always been cared for in the best possible way by me. Used mainly as a weekend car when we've had some nice weather. Interior is immaculate, no marks anywhere on the trim or dash, seats are perfect with no wear at all.

Engine and gearbox all perfect, pulls really well and the gearbox is as smooth as is should be. Did a run from Bridgend to London and back in it in the summer and with the cruise at 80mph it did just over 28mpg.

The car had full service history, but unfortunately this was lost by the previous owner. The car was featured in MB Enthusiast magazine in 2010 where the service history is mentioned and photographed so there's evidence of the history but other than a collection of receipts for some more recent maintenance there isn't and official history with the car.

Being the press car it's fairly high spec'd including heated seats, factory sunroof, Bose sound system, xenons, orthopaedic seats, climate, cruise etc

The car is completely standard other than an K&N filter and the 18" wheels. My plan was to wear the tyres down on the 18s and swap them over for a set of original 17s to keep it factory. That said as the car isn't used that much there is plenty of tread on the 18s.

The car isn't technically for sale, i've only mentioned it on the forum as if i was to sell it i'd like it to go to someone who would look after it. If it was to be sold i'd be looking for around the £5,995 mark. I appreciate this isn't the cheapest, but nor is the up there with some of the 10k+ ones that are appearing on the market, i feel it is a competitive price for a stunning car with a unique history.

Spoke with one of other previous owners who owned the car when it was featured in MB magazine and he confirmed how well it was looked after in his care.

Car is based in Bridgend, South Wales, but i work in Bristol so can be viewed there also.

Some photos below: Please note the car now has the original Audio10 CD not the awful aftermarket one as pictured

21064329870_890b2e21c0_h.jpg

20631325643_56411d4ce3_h.jpg

21064345580_1c389f88e0_h.jpg

21064350710_12a4f2bf48_h.jpg

17346135151_ff6a56b7f6_b.jpg

17346517645_d56b1df5a8_b.jpg

The original press shot :

23399078900_78c8b22fb3_z.jpg

Any more info, please pm me or contact ZERO7411 910351

Fair bit of interest but still available currently. Took a deposit on my 190d today so going to give this another couple of weeks and if it's still here i'll keep it for the summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom