Ex Saab owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mkcheznous

Car
e280 estate
Hi everybody.

After eleven years of owning a Saab 2.3t 9000 which I loved apart from the occasional electrical problem, I have bought an facelift e280 estate, my first Benz. Previously car to the Saab was a BMW 523.

First impressions of the Merc are - very smooth auto box - pretty good handling - bags of space. Foolishly I did not notice a couple of rust issues when I bought it but I will post a question about that in a separate thread.

Congratulations on your recovery,Saabitis is a nasty complaint. Delusions of flying fighter planes or being an architect are common symptoms along with the belief you are not driving a Vauxhall.
All's well that ends well.

Welcome - I had a SAAB before my Mercs.

Great cars - quirky enough to be different.

Congratulations on your recovery,Saabitis is a nasty complaint. Delusions of flying fighter planes or being an architect are common symptoms along with the belief you are not driving a Vauxhall.
All's well that ends well.

Dutch guy at the bar at the moment.
Job: Architecht
Car: Saab :D

We found it hilarious, he couldn't quite understand.

I've had 4 9000's

Loved them all.

Wonderful, wonderful seats.
:)
Blimey, bit desperate when all you have to praise is the seats. Only joking, SAABs were one of the last quirky makes and are sorely missed. Engineers not accountants in charge,which explains both their attraction and their demise.

Tried to buy Saabs several times - 93's & 95's, but each time couldn't find them special enough.
Ended up with Volvo's & Audi's:dk:

When I bought my Saab, the previous owner was an RAF Squadron Leader - it had planes etched in the leather and was garaged about 100m from a runway - thought fair enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom