ex-smoker's car

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aspire

Car
R129 SL320
I'm looking at a 1998 car that fits most of my needs, but it is a bit smelly, of cigarette smoke.

Do any of you have suggestions? Is it reasonable to try to clean this, or is it a lost cause?

Thanks

Derek

Febreze

There's an aerosol which is really good - neutodol - works an absolute treat.

K

Neutodol is good as it removes smells rather than masking them. I keep a gell ball in the centre armrest all the time.

I have heard that a small amount of vinegar left in the car overnight will remove cigarette smells.

I think the car will eventually be clear, but it could take some time. the carpets and seats would benefit from a proper wash-valet. Offer significantly less due to the extra cleaning required.

My first company car had been smoked in and it used to come out in hot weather.

Also have a close look at the roof interior and around the window strutts. If it's been a heavy smoker you can get discoloration there that will be virtually impossible to remove.

Removing the smell of smoke from a car can be very difficult. If it's that ingrained smell then tbh - I would walk away. If it's a fairly fresh smell of smoke then you might be able to get rid of it. Depends how much the rest of the car is worth to you in terms of spec and value for money.

jmho

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom