Ex Top Gear trio move to Amazon.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I will give Top Gear BBC a try but not whatever Amazon is offering. Prime, my ar5e. Couldn't even deliver a DVD ordered midweek early in the morning the next day.

The way that the BBC is run and they behave makes it easy to have a pop at them, however, the thought of TV consisting ONLY of the commercial channels makes me shudder.

The way that the BBC is run and they behave makes it easy to have a pop at them, however, the thought of TV consisting ONLY of the commercial channels makes me shudder.

You carry on paying for the BBC (British Broadcasting Crap) and the rest of us can enjoy the good programs on the commercial channels. :)

Don't get me wrong I am a great supporter of the BBC . I was just pointing out that despite its great popularity Top Gear was nestled pretty comfortably in the arms of Auntie Beeb for many years . Our "three caballeros" are out in the commercial world now which is perhaps ultimately a harsher environment . Jeremy C is credited with the following:-
"I feel like I've climbed out of a biplane and into a spaceship."
That's fightin talk from a man staring into the abyss of broadcast obscurity!
Only time will tell I guess. :dk:

I agree re losing the BBC and being left with only commercial channels. But, when the BBC acts increasingly like a commercial channel and loses that that we enjoyed from it (or wilfully destroys it with ceaseless self promotion on channels where it is unwelcome and misplaced - R3, a classical music station which is now shoutier than BBC3) it risks losing public support. A bit like the police, the BBC need the public's consent for it to work.
The 'pops' are to remind them that they are supposed to serve us not merely themselves. They are under attack from elsewhere - they desperately need the public on their side. But for that they must give the public what the public want.

I would never pay licencing fee to watch the crap they show on BBC.
They should pay me to watch some of the stuff they have on their channel.
Enough to put anyone to sleep.

I don't disagree with any of the criticisms made about the BBC.

My point is that the commercial stations are not up to the job of filling in the gap in their current format and, particularly, given the amount of adverts to put up with.

I love music and use BBC Iplayer a lot to catch up on music shows that I have missed during the week, I can find no such output from the commercial offerings.

As an aside, it's quite telling that those who seem to hate the BBC so much resort to name calling against the institution.

It'll top the list in pirated downloads for a while until no one can be bothered anymore.

Outside of Sky Sports I would say that about 80% of what I watch or listen to is the BBC.

Signed up to Netflix but there's only about a months worth of watchable films etc then it's useless, ended up cancelling after 3 months.

The BBC may be a bit wishy-washy at times, media darlings tend to be, but I don't even want to imagine what it'd be like without it. Plus, it'd be one less thing for British folk to moan about if it was binned!

Or sour grapes because he missed out?

Or sour grapes because he missed out?

Entirely possible, but there then followed :---------------
Following our interview with Neil Hunt, Netflix's Chief Product Officer has added in a separate statement sent to Digital Spy: "There is an audience for everything and it is not up to us to judge if Amazon has paid too much or not."

Usually if someone issues a "clarification" to a previous statement it often means they said more than they should have. ;) Whether this was indeed sour grapes or a bit too close to the truth for comfort is the question. :dk:

Last edited:
I would certainly never pay to watch Clarkson and company. No matter what the new programs content. They simply are not worth it.
I was already tiring of their stupid schoolboy pranks and jokey attitudes.
I am truly looking forward to seeing them fall flat on their smug faces.
The only one likely to survive their implosion is May in my opinion. He has managed to elevate himself above the other two sufficiently for him to have a life after Top Gear (or Gear Knob as the rumoured new programs working title).
I doubt even Dave will screen the efforts later as I doubt Amazon will want to be reminded of the turkey they have created.

Why is Richard Hammond sporting that goatee ??

Unless he's planning to audition for the rumoured new series of Blackadder he should realise that it's not 2001 any more.

Did Baldrick have a goatee?:D

Tony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom