Exahaust upgrade Northern Ireland

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriscls

Car
2005 CLS 500 V8
I am looking to unleash more sound potential from my V8/exhaust. Any gd places for for such an upgrade without error messages on dash

Hi- am keen to do the same.... Have a w216 CL500 that needs to sound better...

Me three

Im not in the V8 or 5.0 leagues (in fact im running a diesel)

But, I would sure like to know where I stand on giving my exhaust a more deeper tone on my W211 E320 CDI.

I'm considering a remap from MSL to increase performance figures, quite possibly this will lead to a more beefier exhaust note.

Improved induction gave my old GT TDI a much more throatier growl, but, I've heard performance panel filter cause issues with the MAF sensor/s..

I know a guy... Lol
seriously though the problem is what any tweaks do to MoT.... All I want is a bit more growl. So much on here talks of decat, x pipes, resonator removal, and then all sorts of warnings etc.. Would be happy to do a mod if I knew it would work. Suspect resonator delete is a step in the right direction but am wary of the MoT guys saying 'sorry mate.. Non std pipes'... And whilst CKS and many other do lots of nice stuff they are also a tad 'excostive' as my dad used to say. And they aint't in NI....

A few places if your looking more v8 growl - should involve only secondary and resonator delete

try Street Racer in bangor - he is the only NI Dealer for Longlife exhausts
also Dee's exhausts in Newtownabbey

Lenny63 said:
A few places if your looking more v8 growl - should involve only secondary and resonator delete try Street Racer in bangor - he is the only NI Dealer for Longlife exhausts also Dee's exhausts in Newtownabbey
Thanks but my worry is doing it without any knowledge of resultant noise.. Too many if u do this that might work etc

Dee's exhaust is ok, but quite messy, I had him do a decat a few years ago, he just cut the cat out and squashed the replacement pipe into the downpipe, then ran the welder around it, he also kept my cat, saying it was already away to scrap... I just do my own now. Just about to do my W140 S320.

West coast customs quoted me £354 Inc VAT for a backbox removal and I am assuming a bit of straight piping to bridge the gap.

I think the price is a tad expensive ?

chriscls said:
West coast customs quoted me £354 Inc VAT for a backbox removal and I am assuming a bit of straight piping to bridge the gap. I think the price is a tad expensive ?

Does sound a tad high to remove a couple of back boxes. I know that'd be too much noise also. When I picked up my CL they had another one with just that done... Sounded great but would get really annoying very quickly methinks.
What I'd like is a bypass on each side with a pair of valves... Remote control using one of the garage door opening buttons on the rear view mirror. Pipes would be easy I think - Y jointed in to somewhere in front of the back boxes and then back in just after the boxes...but the valves are kinda excostive.
Dees did a quick MoT job on my CLS and as you say a bit rough and ready but it passed.. And only cost 20 quid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom