Examples of silly, stupid or selfish behaviour in the current environment..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time we flew (9hr flight) we sat behind two idiots who were in the row immediately behind a bulkhead and who insisted on putting down the little shelf in front of them meant for babies, feet up on that and then seat fully reclined in our laps for the entire journey.
No of amount of reasoning from us or cabin crew would change them. Inconsiderate
Having flown a lot with our daughter when she was a baby I have to say that we never came across a shelf for the bassinet. But those bulkhead seats were the best.

But I still fully understand your frustration. Flying to Miami 6 or 7 years ago we too found ourselves in the row behind bulkhead seats. A family of four turned up, presumably late arrivals and without reserved seats because dad and 4ish year old son took the pair of bulkhead seats in front of us, whilst mum and baby sat a few rows back on the other side of the plane. I’m guessing those were dad’s instructions. As soon as the seat belt light was turned off he fully reclined both his seat and his son’s. I don’t think the lad touched the back of the seat for the whole flight. Every hour or so dad and boy would get up and go over to see mum and baby, not to help - just to chat (and gloat about their lovely comfortable seats?). On their third journey to the other side I got up and raised their seat backs, only for them to return sooner than usual and catch me at it. The way that American dad went off at me you’d think he’d caught me raping his wife (although the way he was treating her, perhaps not!). He’d “paid for reclining seats so it was his right to use them”! Grrrrrrrrr

Reactions: 219
My son has just shown me a video clip of a street party held the other side of the village yesterday, they even had a dj !!!!! seriously the mentality of some people :wallbash:

My son has just shown me a video clip of a street party held the other side of the village yesterday, they even had a dj !!!!! seriously the mentality of some people :wallbash:
This is where the push back will start, not many of us have experienced a oppressive regime and for sure many younger people in the UK have pretty much been allowed to do what ever they like (within law and reason) and this lockdown is a bit of a novelty for them.
But they are already bored with it . Sunny weather will see more of them gathering together to have a good time together.

Having flown a lot with our daughter when she was a baby I have to say that we never came across a shelf for the bassinet. But those bulkhead seats were the best.

But I still fully understand your frustration. Flying to Miami 6 or 7 years ago we too found ourselves in the row behind bulkhead seats. A family of four turned up, presumably late arrivals and without reserved seats because dad and 4ish year old son took the pair of bulkhead seats in front of us, whilst mum and baby sat a few rows back on the other side of the plane. I’m guessing those were dad’s instructions. As soon as the seat belt light was turned off he fully reclined both his seat and his son’s. I don’t think the lad touched the back of the seat for the whole flight. Every hour or so dad and boy would get up and go over to see mum and baby, not to help - just to chat (and gloat about their lovely comfortable seats?). On their third journey to the other side I got up and raised their seat backs, only for them to return sooner than usual and catch me at it. The way that American dad went off at me you’d think he’d caught me raping his wife (although the way he was treating her, perhaps not!). He’d “paid for reclining seats so it was his right to use them”! Grrrrrrrrr
I think the little widget you can buy to block the seat in front of you was designed in the USA , people got fed up with people reclining on very short haul flights. I think the widget caused more fights than it prevented.

I think the little widget you can buy to block the seat in front of you was designed in the USA , people got fed up with people reclining on very short haul flights. I think the widget caused more fights than it prevented.

My fear is boarding a flight, finding my allocated seat, and a walrus sitting in the next seat and overhanging considerably. A complaint of there only being only half a seat for me to sit in would likely just result in my having a choice to take a later flight.

My fear is boarding a flight, finding my allocated seat, and a walrus sitting in the next seat and overhanging considerably. A complaint of there only being only half a seat for me to sit in would likely just result in my having a choice to take a later flight.
No idea. I only ever fly first class. [emoji41]

I had one of those when I was younger,
she was very educational, so I guess you could say she was educated as well.
Corrected :)

Probably depends on the airline. This was BA Premium seats. Can't remember plane type but definitely a fold down shelf.
30 years ago when our daughter was a baby and we flew frequently we were often offered a sort of framed canvass sling that clipped onto the bulkhead.

Probably depends on the airline. This was BA Premium seats. Can't remember plane type but definitely a fold down shelf.
30 years ago when our daughter was a baby and we flew frequently we were often offered a sort of framed canvass sling that clipped onto the bulkhead.
That’s what our now nearly 5-year old always travelled in for her first couple of years (various airlines but not BA)

I have a few friends the same, they almost revel in the figures and are the first to post the days tally on the differing WhatsApp groups I’m in in a “hold the front page” kind of way.

No Statistician would be able to accurately extract any data from a single figure and it is very clear that there is a different pattern of both spread and mortality in the countries affected.

No Statistician would be able to accurately extract any data from a single figure and it is very clear that there is a different pattern of both spread and mortality in the countries affected.
Exactly; the numbers could be more, they could be less and, although we’ll never know the true figure, there won’t be any reliable data for at least six months (maybe even a year).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom