Examples of silly, stupid or selfish behaviour in the current environment..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it could be that. Daughter is guarding them and not letting me anywhere near. Can't blame her :(
That’s the beauty of Cadbury’s Creme Eggs, it’s not possible to eat too many because they become so sickly. I couldn’t manage any more than three. Dozen.

does anyone remember the chocolate toffee filled egg the same size as a creme egg but that used to come in two halves, used to love them but cant find them now

Yep, I remember the toffee egg but not the name, was very moreish. ... I used to work at Safeway (the defunct supermarket) head office in Hayes in the late 80s and took part in a sponsored Creme egg competition for an early Red Nose Day, the leading two of us consumed 10 eggs in 5 minutes (yuck) and then went on to a 2-egg eat off. I never got to the 12th and have only recently been able to sample one again.... a bloke called Simon won, reckon he could have eaten a few more after, respect

I can't believe that earlier today my sister invited me round to a barbecue at her place today !

Of course I declined and explained why . The rest of them , who live there , 2 streets away , are going ahead , and I have no problem with that , but in all conscience I could;t even have walked round there .

Sorry guys I am using this to vent as I am shaking with rage. I usually see my mother every Saturday but she is 84 with COPD kidney failure and high blood pressure so obviously she has been self isolating as very high risk.
I declined to visit her in accordance with guidelines but have been calling her daily and if she needs any provisions have bought them and left on the door step.

I explained to my Mother that if she caught Covid-19 through me an died I could not live with myself...

This evening she let it slip that my older brother (who I have not been speaking to since he moved away leaving my wife and I to look after my Mother) has been driving from Norfolk (170 mile round trip) on a Thursday to cut an acquaintances lawn (for which he gets paid) and has then been visiting her in her home, disregarding social distancing let alone the fact that she should be in isolation!

Apart from the fact that the 170 mile trip is not "essential travel" to cut someone's lawn what on earth is he doing breaking her isolation and risking her life?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sorry guys I am using this to vent as I am shaking with rage. I usually see my mother every Saturday but she is 84 with COPD kidney failure and high blood pressure so obviously she has been self isolating as very high risk.
I declined to visit her in accordance with guidelines but have been calling her daily and if she needs any provisions have bought them and left on the door step.

I explained to my Mother that if she caught Covid-19 through me an died I could not live with myself...

This evening she let it slip that my older brother (who I have not been speaking to since he moved away leaving my wife and I to look after my Mother) has been driving from Norfolk (170 mile round trip) on a Thursday to cut an acquaintances lawn (for which he gets paid) and has then been visiting her in her home, disregarding social distancing let alone the fact that she should be in isolation!

Apart from the fact that the 170 mile trip is not "essential travel" to cut someone's lawn what on earth is he doing breaking her isolation and risking her life?

I'm sorry there isn't a 'dislike' or 'thanks' button .

Perhaps it is now time to speak to him, give him a call, explain politely that this is not on and due to the risks if it happens again you will have to report this.

It’s so difficult when a relative or someone else close to you does things that aren’t on during this crisis. My wife is absolutely amazing but I haven’t been able to explain to her that I feel uneasy about her going out for her 10k runs 3 or 4 times a week. I’m in the vulnerable category because of my age (73) so I need to be careful. She assures me that she keeps well away from everyone else, but does she? Of course I’m being paranoid, but I think it’s with good reason.

I don’t get you?
To be honest, neither do I now. It possibly made sense to me at the time. I blame the red wine. I could have sworn my comment was in response to one about not writing here about personal issues. I’ll go back to sleep.

To be honest, neither do I now. It possibly made sense to me at the time. I blame the red wine. I could have sworn my comment was in response to one about not writing here about personal issues. I’ll go back to sleep.
Part of my comment was about putting personal stuff on t’internet but I deleted it. My bad.

did anyone see the article in the paper about the woman who has no remorse about throwing away food she now cant use because she panic bought. then blames the supermarkets for not stocking enough for everyone e!se!!!! you couldnt make it up...

It’s so difficult when a relative or someone else close to you does things that aren’t on during this crisis. My wife is absolutely amazing but I haven’t been able to explain to her that I feel uneasy about her going out for her 10k runs 3 or 4 times a week. I’m in the vulnerable category because of my age (73) so I need to be careful. She assures me that she keeps well away from everyone else, but does she? Of course I’m being paranoid, but I think it’s with good reason.
Wow 10k runs 3-4 times a week, I have to ask is your wife a similar age to you?

I used to do a 10K run in about 43 mins when I was younger so that exercise is well within the hour, although I'm not sure a time period is specified for exercise, but I recall an hour was mentioned at some point. I wouldn't worry though knighterrant, I'd be more concerned if she was using public transport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom