Examples of silly, stupid or selfish behaviour in the current environment..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police said this is worrying at the current time due to the increase in cyclists and pedestrians using the pavement at the current time.

These speeds were each achieved on Motorways so the presence of cyclists and pedestrians would be particularly worrying!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Police said this is worrying at the current time due to the increase in cyclists and pedestrians using the pavement at the current time.

These speeds were each achieved on Motorways so the presence of cyclists and pedestrians would be particularly worrying!
Please don't "damage the message" by applying logic ;)

Back on topic

fastest yet?

From a quick Google that seems to be some way off the UK records of 172mph for a traffic stop (Porsche 911 Turbo, 2007), and 192 mph based on video the driver had on his phone :doh: (Nissan GT-R, 2015).

From a quick Google that seems to be some way off the UK records of 172mph for a traffic stop (Porsche 911 Turbo, 2007), and 192 mph based on video the driver had on his phone :doh: (Nissan GT-R, 2015).
So they were given bronze stars with must try harder stamps [emoji57]

Oh, I read the following in that article:

“The Metropolitan police said the average speed on some 20mph roads had risen to 37mph as some drivers were tempted to put their foot down with fewer vehicles on the road.”​

When did 20mph roads become motorways? (Officially that is, not as some drivers appear to think they are!)

There's outrage locally at kids riding Quads and Motorcross bikes along the beach, a part of me is jealous, it looks like great fun.

Round here, they blast around the estates on trail bikes, no helmets and often 2 up. Carve up any patches of grass. There is going to be a child killed one day

Oh, I read the following in that article:

“The Metropolitan police said the average speed on some 20mph roads had risen to 37mph as some drivers were tempted to put their foot down with fewer vehicles on the road.”​

When did 20mph roads become motorways? (Officially that is, not as some drivers appear to think they are!)
And I read:-

"Burnham said: “That will be worrying in any event, but it’s particularly worrying when more families are out and about taking walks, people are running, cycling, just more people on our pavements. The worry is with so many people out taking exercise on the pavements more crowded than normal. This poses risks to public safety.”

A motorbike rider was arrested last week after being caught speeding at 150mph along the M23 in West Sussex."

And I read:-

"Burnham said: “That will be worrying in any event, but it’s particularly worrying when more families are out and about taking walks, people are running, cycling, just more people on our pavements. The worry is with so many people out taking exercise on the pavements more crowded than normal. This poses risks to public safety.”

A motorbike rider was arrested last week after being caught speeding at 150mph along the M23 in West Sussex."

I have to agree that it’s worrying with more people out taking exercise. I’ve completely misunderstood the rule that says it’s ok to go out for exercise once a day. I thought that was intended as the maximum permitted, not that it’s compulsory to do so. I’ve foolishly been exercising at home, so I’m now expecting a visit from the police.

I have to agree that it’s worrying with more people out taking exercise. I’ve completely misunderstood the rule that says it’s ok to go out for exercise once a day. I thought that was intended as the maximum permitted, not that it’s compulsory to do so. I’ve foolishly been exercising at home, so I’m now expecting a visit from the police.
We hardly have any cars passing our house now but the number of pedestrians is ridiculous! There’s an almost constant stream.

We hardly have any cars passing our house now but the number of pedestrians is ridiculous! There’s an almost constant stream.
It’ll be interesting to see if all the new joggers :rolleyes: will carry on with their new-found hobby once the lockdown is over.

I went to post a letter the other day "essential business walk, my only exercise of the day", 500 yards and I passed 8x people crossing the street twice to keep social distancing!

Road journeys much safer even if they are at 150 mph on a Motorway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom