Examples of silly, stupid or selfish behaviour in the current environment..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the perp in that video driving a Golf?

He should be given some kind of award for getting 151mph out of a Golf!

As Usual, the bill have completely missed the point...... It's precisely because the roads are empty that going faster is safer than when they are crowded!

It's time the bill stood up (like they traditionally do at alcoholics meetings) and said "the bill are obsessed with speeding enforcement because it's much easier than catching real criminals and it generated huge income".
Let the Great driving public put their foot down a bit on our recently deserted roads, they're much safer that way. After all, motorways are so much safer, in general, despite higher speeds...

I drove through town then an 11 mile return rural journey on Thursday, my first time out of the house in 2 weeks.
I didn't see as many cyclists as I expected but a few.
There were some motorcyclists, in pairs (that includes two Police). I wouldn't be sure any of them were on essential journeys.

What I noticed was the roads were quiet, as expected. I witnessed a good few drivers, usually hot hatch types, hoofing it, and that's in the towns as well. Some acting with an excited frustration at anything in their path.

What made this dangerous was the road users and pedestrians that pulled out of junctions and crossed the roads with far less care than would be usual.
I wasn't in a rush so kept to the speed limits. I was clearly a hindrance to a few.
I was aware of others that didn't look properly before placing themselves in my path.

It seems there is a lot more confidence by some doing whatever. I hope they don't meet.

From the article ; the bit I could read without the subscription blackmail , "One driver clocked at 151mph as speeding offences double, putting pedestrians at risk" erm ..... it was on the M! there shouldn't be ANY pedestrians !

Just gotta love journalists ..... where would we be without their accurate and thoughtful reporting?

Reactions: 219
And I read:-

"Burnham said: “That will be worrying in any event, but it’s particularly worrying when more families are out and about taking walks, people are running, cycling, just more people on our pavements. The worry is with so many people out taking exercise on the pavements more crowded than normal. This poses risks to public safety.”

A motorbike rider was arrested last week after being caught speeding at 150mph along the M23 in West Sussex."

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
I had a 'close encounter' the other day when heading along to the fire station ( for work ) : there was an elderly couple walking towards me on the pavement , and a jogger running in the opposite direction , wearing headphones . Just as I was about to pass , he leapt off the pavement into my path without as much as a glance over his shoulder , and I could see the looks of alarm and mouths agog from the old couple as he nearly ran under the wheels of my car ; of course I blasted the horn and swerved to the right , fortunately no oncoming traffic , but he just carried on as if nothing had happened while the old couple shook their heads .

From the article ; the bit I could read without the subscription blackmail , "One driver clocked at 151mph as speeding offences double, putting pedestrians at risk" erm ..... it was on the M! there shouldn't be ANY pedestrians !

shouldn't need to subscribe...unless you count accepting cookies....

This is what happens when Icke and the rest of the 5G conspiracy theory clowns peddle their nonsense: morons attack critical communications infrastructure.

Twenty suspected phone mast attacks over Easter

The chief executive of Vodafone UK said on LinkedIn that one of the targeted sites serves Birmingham's Nightingale hospital:
"It's heart-rending enough that families cannot be there at the bedside of loved ones who are critically ill. It's even more upsetting that even the small solace of a phone or video call may now be denied them because of the selfish actions of a few deluded conspiracy theorists.

Imagine if it were your mum or dad, your gran or grandad in hospital. Imagine not being able to see or hear them one last time. All because you've swallowed a dangerous lie."
:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
An idiot was spouting this on one of our local groups, I posted that if he believed it he should throw his Microwave away as people believed they caused cancer when they first came out, he responded he threw his away 4 years ago for that reason!

No fixing stupid!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is the perp in that video driving a Golf?

He should be given some kind of award for getting 151mph out of a Golf!

As Usual, the bill have completely missed the point...... It's precisely because the roads are empty that going faster is safer than when they are crowded!

It's time the bill stood up (like they traditionally do at alcoholics meetings) and said "the bill are obsessed with speeding enforcement because it's much easier than catching real criminals and it generated huge income".
Let the Great driving public put their foot down a bit on our recently deserted roads, they're much safer that way. After all, motorways are so much safer, in general, despite higher speeds...

Until they lose control, injure themselves and others and pull emergency services away from other important work.

In contrast to all the whining and name-calling I heard something heartwarming today.

Our new shop in the village has under croft parking which is camera monitored to stop people taking the piss as parking is in short supply.

I parked there today to get some supplies and noticed a car with a RAC van pulled up with the bonnet up, what caught my eye was that there was cardboard covering the number plate.

I spoke to the lady who told me that her car had broken down the evening before and she couldn't get the RAC out before the gates closed last night so she left a note explaining her predicament on the dash.
When she got back today someone had blanked her number plate in an (unsuccessful no doubt) attempt to prevent the cameras clocking that she had spent more than 1.5 hours on site and had also left her an Easter egg on the bonnet.

Nick Martin, reporter for Sky proudly announced during the daily press conference that he has been visiting many care homes around the country. Just how stupid is this man? If he comes anywhere near ours, he will be sent away sharpish. The last thing we need is someone traipsing from home to home spreading this any faster than it's going to do on its own.

How, or why, are the main UK news channels now doing outside broadcasts - I’ve just seen the ITN news with a live OB from outside the Treasury

That’s a special correspondent, , a camera operator, a sound/mike operator ,probably a make up flunky…

How, or why, are the main UK news channels now doing outside broadcasts - I’ve just seen the ITN news with a live OB from outside the Treasury

That’s a special correspondent, , a camera operator, a sound/mike operator ,probably a make up flunky…

The government advice is to work from home unless your job can't be done from there - hence reporters can be out and about.

The government advice is to work from home unless your job can't be done from there - hence reporters can be out and about.
That’s what gets me about this so called lockdown. Because people “can” do things they seem to think it’s ok. Whether it’s people out working on, quite frankly, far from essential jobs or people going out for walks/runs/cycle rides just because they “can”. What part of ‘stay at home’ is still eluding so many?

Nick Martin, reporter for Sky proudly announced during the daily press conference that he has been visiting many care homes around the country. Just how stupid is this man? If he comes anywhere near ours, he will be sent away sharpish. The last thing we need is someone traipsing from home to home spreading this any faster than it's going to do on its own.

Does he stand with his arms wrapped around people...........??

I've not seen him but i'm reasonably sure that he is keeping his distance and being safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom