Examples of silly, stupid or selfish behaviour in the current environment..

• Thread starter Deleted member 149005
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree 100%. Just out of interest I track winnings against each block of bonds and since 2017 I've averaged around 1.5% AER overall

Over 2017 - 2019 the average inflation rate has been 2.32% so not a huge ‘loss’,.... you just have to hope Ernie picks you out for a whopper 😁

So I've updated my graph with the latest data from ONS, including the week ending May 1st (week 18). Deaths still dropping, but for 2020 so far there are 50,500 more than the same period last year.

View attachment 96254

December 2017 45,141 people died in the UK
January 2018 64,157 people died in the UK
January 2015 60,000+ people died in the UK

The above mortality rates and the current c-19 rates are classed as low. Hence their non HCID status

Back to art....loads of stuff like this all over sweden

full

I visited an Aldi store yesterday evening.
I was going to use one of their baskets.
However, next to the stack of baskets was a roll of industrial paper towel, some sort of wipes and a bottle of spray.
There was a notice with instructions on how to clean a basket before use.
Even though I was wearing nitrile gloves, I didn't fancy picking up the spray bottle that had been used by many other people and then transferring whatever was on the bottle onto the basket and around the shop.
I bought only what I could carry.

The trick - if gloveless - is once you've cleaned the trolley handle or basket is to spray directly on to one hand. Return the bottle and rub the cleaner between both hands.
On returning the trolley once I've put my shopping in the car (via any door but driver's) , I do the same again and try and give my keys a bit of a wipe. That way, I wont infect the car and there's nothing there that is carrying the virus but the shopping that can be dealt with at home.
The one and only time I've seen the worth of 'keyless entry' is during the above.

Sainsbury's have just a straight screen that ends before the packing area and the poor cashier is exposed to everyone they serve.
The cashiers should be on danger money.

Agreed. Be sure to tell them they are appreciated.

Back to art....loads of stuff like this all over sweden

full

That's kitsch - Banksy is a satirist. Whatever floats your boat, wafts your raft.....

The trick - if gloveless - is once you've cleaned the trolley handle or basket is to spray directly on to one hand. Return the bottle and rub the cleaner between both hands.
On returning the trolley once I've put my shopping in the car (via any door but driver's) , I do the same again and try and give my keys a bit of a wipe. That way, I wont infect the car and there's nothing there that is carrying the virus but the shopping that can be dealt with at home.
The one and only time I've seen the worth of 'keyless entry' is during the above.

Agreed. Be sure to tell them they are appreciated.
I'm carrying a pack of Detol wipes and a bottle of Detol Spray in my car for grocery shopping only. Before touching a trolley I wipe the handle bar and it's surronuding with wipes in each hand and I'm keeping the wipes until I finish and get back to the car. After placing the bags in the back I spray my hands and bag carriers with Detol. Before starting the engine I clean the door handles and car keys with another wipe. A bit of OCD but it is what it is.

I've stayed in Derry and Belfast before and seen those murals.
The ones over here are really nice pictures,well painted, nice to look at, one in the last town was off a big guy with headphones, really modern.

[QUOTE="Bellow, post: 2899615, member: 33841"Agreed. Be sure to tell them they are appreciated.
[/QUOTE]

I do, to show my appreciation and also remind them of how perilous a situation they are in.
Being on the front line meeting (face-to-face) so many people that have met so many people etc. etc. in what IS an numbers game is madness.

The wiping/hand washing/sanitising etc. stuff is obviously good practice but of course you can't catch COVID simply by touching something - you need to transfer it to your mouth (or less likely, nose/eyes). As I understand the vast majority of spread is thought to be by breathing in airborne aerosol - hence the emphasis on minimum possible contact with people outside your household (particularly indoors), and keeping at least 2M apart.

It might seem a bit of a waste but i use two pairs of gloves.
- clean the trolley, then like you spray on one hand to clean the outer gloves after touching the cleaning stuff at the door.
- with the trolley and the gloves clean i do my shop.
- on returning to the car i remove one of the outer gloves and use the key to pop the boot (with my fresh hand) where two plastic bags in a small plastic rectangle bucket with lid is waiting for my used outer gloves.
- i keep an IPA 70% solution in the boot along with another bucket (sealed) containing microfibre clothes. Before i head in to the shop i always put a cloth on top of the bucket for my return. I use the fresh hand to spray the other and remove the second outer glove and that goes in the bag.
- the bags get a good spray and wipe as i transfer them to the boot being cautious.
- i have a well saturated alcohol cloth at this point so wipe the plastic trim around the boot and give the boot release handle a quick wipe (i know i don't need to but think why not i'm standing there with a cloth in my hand.
- i wipe the bucket, lid, my inner gloves, ipa bottle and trolley handle again and the cloth goes in the second bag and return the trolley.
- i remove the inner gloves first left hand then with right hold the left glove in the palm and remove the right so they fold in like socks in a draw.
- then if i was close enough to the car i would have left the boot open and the glove will join the outer in the bag lid on or if i had to close the boot because i was to far away to leave it open i'll look for bin for them.

So everything wiped with alcohol and sealed in alcohol wiped buckets where needed ready to be dealt with at home along with the shopping and i'm ready to get in the car. I know it seems like a big faff but the whole process is very quick and only takes a few extra minutes and doesn't use as much IPA as it sounds.

I think i have remembered correctly :rolleyes:

Over 2017 - 2019 the average inflation rate has been 2.32% so not a huge ‘loss’,.... you just have to hope Ernie picks you out for a whopper 😁

Haha, yes! As mentioned the real point (IMO) is that bank etc. saving rates are now so low that you really don't want to be keeping much money there. Premium bonds are a really simple alternative (with zero risk and instant access) that should give a higher return (although of course there's no guarantee of this).

Haha, yes! As mentioned the real point (IMO) is that bank etc. saving rates are now so low that you really don't want to be keeping much money there. Premium bonds are a really simple alternative (with zero risk and instant access) that should give a higher return (although of course there's no guarantee of this).

If you have the maximum holding, your average return is likely to be pretty close to the current 1.4%. If you are risk averse and pay higher rate tax, that's equivalent to nearly 2% on an instant access savings account with complete safety. There are no instant savings accounts offering rates anywhere near that, and of course you might win a big prize too.

If you have the maximum holding, your average return is likely to be pretty close to the current 1.4%. If you are risk averse and pay higher rate tax, that's equivalent to nearly 2% on an instant access savings account with complete safety. There are no instant savings accounts offering rates anywhere near that, and of course you might win a big prize too.
I have the maximum holding and the return over past three years has averaged 1.6%.

In the present climate, I can't complain.

It really does look like business as normal at the shops now. :rolleyes:

People coming and going, little attempt at distancing, no longer staff (Tesco) at door cleaning baskets etc.
Not been in the shop but the wife says it's a free for all now, from the outside it just looks normal. :oops:

Reactions: 219
It really does look like business as normal at the shops now. :rolleyes:

People coming and going, little attempt at distancing, no longer staff (Tesco) at door cleaning baskets etc.
Not been in the shop but the wife says it's a free for all now, from the outside it just looks normal. :oops:
In Scotland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom