Excel functionality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SGCW124

Car
W124 estate
Guys and Pammy,

can you help please?

one of my responsibilities is to keep a track on people's competencies and training course we've sent them on.

To date its been done on a simple spreadsheet, but Id like the "system" to send them a reminder if say one of their training courses was about to expire and needed renewing.

Is there anyway to get excel to fire offan aotomatic e mail o them

or failing that , maybe I could get the date in the relevant cell to rurn red & flash or something ! :bannana:

thanks

Steve

PS

Saw a CLS in town last week - something of an aquired taste I would imagine - but very tasty inside , have to say not quite as nice as sumptious as the Maser Quattroporte parked a few yards away - well it was W1 !!

;)

You could apply a filter to a date field, so you check it on a daily basis but filter all the entries for todays date.

I would have thought that Access would be the better tool to do this with though.

You can apply conditional formatting so when numbers are above or below a value the color/text attribute changes. Not sure how this would work in conjuction with date formatted cells though.

S.

You can ask xl to delete a date from a date and return a numerical value and once that value reaches a figure you determine the conditional formatting would turn the field a different colour.

I.e if todays date is 39163 (number made up) and the training date is 39165 then the numerical value would be 2 or -2. You then set conditional formatting to whatever margin you want.

The only way to get a reminder automatically sent off that I know of, is to set the whole thing up in MS Project and when certain tolerances are met, a reminder can be automatically set off via e-mail, but I need to sober up before I can tell you how that works, PM me if that is what you need.

Cheers

S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom