Excel Password

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A

Ashley

I built an excel workbook some time ago and it has 15 sheets.

I have lost the password for cell protection, any one know of a master password for this.

You need to download some excel password cracking software... No master I am afraid, if the password is ovewr 6 characters it may take some time.

Nice one, glad to help.

It's not the file password, only the cell protection.

zooman said:
It's not the file password, only the cell protection.

I have an excel file password cracker if anyone needs it!

I have a fiendishly clever spreadsheet which I wrote some years ago, hid the formula cells and then password protected.

Obviously I've now forgotten the password but before I start any of the password crackers can someone describe what happens - does it operate on a spreadsheet or Excell as a whole? Don't want to bugger anything up you see.

Finally got around to trying that cracker. Quite nice I must say! Only one thing I noticed, from the time it takes, I am guessing its running a brute force; am I right? If so, WHY doesn't it display the password? Would be SO useful... DOH!

Anyone know of one that displays the password?

Michele

996jimbo said:
I have a fiendishly clever spreadsheet which I wrote some years ago, hid the formula cells and then password protected.

Obviously I've now forgotten the password but before I start any of the password crackers can someone describe what happens - does it operate on a spreadsheet or Excell as a whole? Don't want to bugger anything up you see.

I use xlkey (http://www.lostpassword.com/excel.htm?id=xlkey_5_5_277) it costs a minimal amount but it works and it displays the password to you. It operates on spreadsheet files not the programme itself.

I used one of the ones above (think it was the straxx one) and it worked all fine and dandy. I've now got an additional option on an Exsel menu.

I've probably also sent you all virus' as well and my laptop is on countdown to disaster so sorry about that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom