Excellent Mechanic Steve in Maidstone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

se97mlm

Car
'98(R) Silver C240 Elegance
Well I have just returned from a visit to Steve (R2d2's friend), to have my autobox oil and polybelt tensioner changed

I can only sing this guy's praises. Excellent job done in no time at all and very cheapy indeed. He is very experienced and went over the car with a fine toothed comb to check for any potential problems. He cured the mysterious rattle at various engine speeds by replacing bolts and washers on the cat heat shield and solved the wind noise issue from my rear window with a little tweaking. Just need new ball joints up front and all will be well.

Car runs like a fream now with it's new gearbox oil, changes smoothly and swiftly, and i no longer get propelled through the windscreen going from 4th to 3rd!

Please use Steve if you live in the Kent area, he really is a legend, and is worth supporting. pm me for his mobile number.

how much did the Poly Belt Tensioner cost ? Parts & labour time will do - Is it a big job ?
A independent told me about 12 months back that mine is on its way and that the engine is a bit noisy because of it, i asked him how much and he just said he'd have to price one up and left it there. Still seems the same to me and i can't notice anythin untoward.
What bad symptoms was you havin ?

the part was £118.50 +vat. Don't know about the labour, as i had several jobs done at once. I guess it would be one hour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom