Excellent service from Sytner Mercedes in Swindon.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
I recently purchased a very nice SLC300 from a non Mercedes dealer. Lovely car. The car had a small rattle from the rear on startup. This quickly went away in a second or two. However, the next morning on cold start it was more pronounced. As the supplying dealer was 200 miles away, I booked it into MB Swindon.

I was called by the dealer the next morning to say they had identified the issue as a problem with the exhaust flap system in the rear box. Cost to replace circa £1,000! The part is nearly £800 on its own! However, the service agent pointed out that there was a documented fix for a similar model involving removal and greasing which they could try first at a cost of £200. So they tried that. Sadly this didnt fix it. So the full replacement was performed. They even explained that if they order the part in overnight it works out more expensive than if they order it as a stock part for delivery in two days. Two days later problem resolved. At all stages they kept me informed of the work and their communications with the RAC warranty team. The RAC declined to pay as it was an exhaust part. So there is a conversation underway with the supplying dealer ;-). I have the faulty part in case its needed as evidence.

The car was returned to me thoroughly cleaned and sanitised(unnecessary). I recommend them to anyone in the area looking for an honest dealership that wont automatically charge you the highest price they can.

Exactly my experiences with them always upfront and communicative. Experienced technicians that seemed to genuinely cares. Glad they're still keeping up the excellent service

I recently purchased a very nice SLC300 from a non Mercedes dealer. Lovely car. The car had a small rattle from the rear on startup. This quickly went away in a second or two. However, the next morning on cold start it was more pronounced. As the supplying dealer was 200 miles away, I booked it into MB Swindon.

I was called by the dealer the next morning to say they had identified the issue as a problem with the exhaust flap system in the rear box. Cost to replace circa £1,000! The part is nearly £800 on its own! However, the service agent pointed out that there was a documented fix for a similar model involving removal and greasing which they could try first at a cost of £200. So they tried that. Sadly this didnt fix it. So the full replacement was performed. They even explained that if they order the part in overnight it works out more expensive than if they order it as a stock part for delivery in two days. Two days later problem resolved. At all stages they kept me informed of the work and their communications with the RAC warranty team. The RAC declined to pay as it was an exhaust part. So there is a conversation underway with the supplying dealer ;-). I have the faulty part in case its needed as evidence.

The car was returned to me thoroughly cleaned and sanitised(unnecessary). I recommend them to anyone in the area looking for an honest dealership that wont automatically charge you the highest price they can.
Good service or otherwise, the thing that jumped out at me was “the part was nearly £800 on its own “ - who the hell decides on these prices?

There's a focus group that works out for each part just how far into "taking the p*ss" territory they can go without reaching the point of "Are you out of your mind? I'm not paying that".

Headed up by a Richard Turpin, apparently. :D

There's a focus group that works out for each part just how far into "taking the p*ss" territory they can go without reaching the point of "Are you out of your mind? I'm not paying that".

Headed up by a Richard Turpin, apparently. :D
There is also a complicated mathematical equation applied by all manufacturers, the basics of which are that the perceived price of that small, insignificant-looking plastic widget is inversely proportional to the actual price. :(

Good service or otherwise, the thing that jumped out at me was “the part was nearly £800 on its own “ - who the hell decides on these prices?
I believe its got some rare earth metals in it. £800 is the list price with VAT. It helps to be in the trade ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom