Excellent service needs reporting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Frank O' Phile

Car
gone
A couple of weeks ago my trusty digital camera, Canon Ixus 400, developed the purple screen of death. Having suffered a similar fate with a fuji and had no joy getting it repaired, I listed it on eBay, then

1. A fellow ebayer from France informs me that it can still be repaired under warranty and sends me the link. Honest bloke.

2. The link takes me to the Canon website where they recognised it as a design fault and all listed cameras found with the fault will be repaired for free and returned, for free. The camera is about 4 years old now. Admirable customer service.

3. I visit the canon repair centre H. Lehmann Ltdin Stoke, when passing through, and am treated with the utmost courtesy and understanding, and we have a nice conversation the way you used to do in shops. Nice to know these places still exist.

All in all, I'm a happy bunny, and may even get it back before I go on holiday. In the meantime, I bought a Samsung 7.1Mp from eBuyer for 49.99 (free delivery) and it comes with a 2 year warranty. So far, it seems pretty good.

Just thought it deserved posting.:)

I have got a Canon scanner and when I first bought it I could not get the drivers to work so I got on to canon and they sorted it by sending a new disc.
They were very professional and courteous and I would certainly buy from them again

Same happened with my Sony TVR33E Handycam. Found it didn't work about two years ago - but what with one thing and another never got round to actually sending it back although I had found out was a known and accepted manufaturing fault. Finally took it in a couple of weeks ago and have now got it back fully working and no charge and it's nearly 5 years old.:rock:

Bella top tip time - if you do have something of a digital nature like this and you get a fault - always worth checking the manufacturer to see if it is a known fault and if they have a fix it scheme in place. Might just save you a bob or three ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom