Excess postage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peterdon

Car
MY1990 300TE-24, MY2006 Saab 9-3 Aero Conv. MGTF160
Had a card through the door from the postie saying there was a letter I had to collect from the sorting office. Duly went along and there was a foolscap size brown envelope with my name and address hand written on it. No indication of where/who it came from so paid the 15p extra postage and £1 handling charge.

Opened the letter and.......

It was an invitation from the dealer I bought the MG from to test drive the new MGTF LE500. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How many of these did they send out?

Plonkers.

I feel sorry for the person on the switchboard that morning.

It's marketing - you'll remember it for years, tell loads of people and you posted about it on here, so free advertising.

I had a similar charge from the PO a few days ago - it was Christmas card from my Mum!

I know it would seem extremely petty to demand the £1.15p back from them. But if I was passing I think I would pay them a visit and see what they say. Things like that REALLY annoy me.

Send them a letter explaining you weren't happy at having to pay postage...just make sure it's a bit short of stamps so they have to pay..

It's marketing ... so free advertising.

I had a similar charge from the PO a few days ago - it was Christmas card from my Mum!

There's something I could say here, but I'm sure it would be impolite...

*ahem*

:)

dave

I know it would seem extremely petty to demand the £1.15p back from them..............

Petty? I would also be demanding compensation for my wasted time going to get the letter......

:devil:

Pixxes me off too, all too often it's an unrequested brochure. It beats me why the Post office need to charge an extra £1 when the postage is only short by £0.15. I wish I could use that sort of mark up!

Earlier this year an IT company carpet bombed quite a number of people where I work with an oddly-shaped piece of marketing flummery. The postroom had already paid the excess charges by the time this stuff hit peoples desks.

I sent the marketing company an email mentioning that making us pay for their mailshots wasn't very likely to win them any business and they sent a cheque for the all the excesses by return of post.

Of course, I've still not bought anything from them... [mainly on the grounds that if that's what the sales dept is like then the service dept must be really bad]

I know it would seem extremely petty to demand the £1.15p back from them. But if I was passing I think I would pay them a visit and see what they say. Things like that REALLY annoy me.

Petty? I would also be demanding compensation for my wasted time going to get the letter......

:devil:

either of these will bankrupt the dealer at the mo

Paid £1.15 excess for a Christmas card to be delivered. When I got it it was 1/4 inch oversize on one edge. Bring on TNT!

Had a card through the door from the postie saying there was a letter I had to collect from the sorting office. Duly went along and there was a foolscap size brown envelope with my name and address hand written on it. No indication of where/who it came from so paid the 15p extra postage and £1 handling charge.

Opened the letter and.......

It was an invitation from the dealer I bought the MG from to test drive the new MGTF LE500. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How many of these did they send out?

Plonkers.

I feel sorry for the person on the switchboard that morning.

Volvo did the same to me some time back , the most annoying thing was i had to drive past the Volvo dealership to get to the sorting office!!

Volvo did the same to me some time back , the most annoying thing was i had to drive past the Volvo dealership to get to the sorting office!!

Maybe that's deliberate to get you to pass the showroom full of shiney cars.

Already this week I have too received a card from the post office telling to affix £1-06 to the card for a letter that was 3p short.So thats double the shortage and a £1 handling charge. I presume it will be a Christmas card from somewhere??? So, --- they can keep it, and I will get some small satisfaction from the fact that it has c ost someone the time and trouble to write the card and then deliver that to me --- all for the sake of 3p !!! I am sure that if I quibbled about 3p my custiomers would soon just walk away.

I cant decide what is worst, having to pay £1.15 or the prospect of having to drive an 'new' ancient Rover/MG rehash

From one year ago :D

I wonder how many spendthrifts have changed their views in today's straitened economic circumstances?

Being a poor pensioner on an ever-decreasing income, I have saved no less than £3.24 this year. And I'm such a dab hand peeling off these self-sticking stamps, I can usually reuse the gum as well! :rock:

Happy Christmas and a Prosperous New Year to ALL!

Ah, now I must pop my hand up and admit to being a muppet in this regard.

Few weeks ago, I was sorting the outgoing post at work, a rather busy time I should say in my defence. However I don't think the "2nd" class stamps that were used would suffice (they were 2p) and I'd misread them hugely! :eek: Whoops. Only got the one call from someone saying they had been rather excited about going to collect something from the sorting office.:crazy: At least I brightened up their day eh!:rolleyes: :p :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom