Exchange 2000 & incorrect date stamp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Exchange 2K on Win2k. Messages going out are holding in the SMTP queue and we don't know why. One strange thing we've noticed is that in Exchange System Manager, the messages that are held show a date (currently) of April 25. All machines on the LAN have the correct time & date.

Anyone got any clues/ideas? I seem to recall seeing something like this before but needless to say I cannot remember it!

Last edited:
Basics....

Are you SP'ed up to date ?

Can you perform NSlookup's from the Exchange server?

From the Exchange server, can you telnet on port 25 to another mail system outside of your firewall ?

Are you routing through an ISP tht may be blocking you ?

Are the messages holding in the SMTP queue current, or did you have a problem on the 25 April, that you hae only recently noticed (sounds silly, but I've seen it happen
before)...

Have to tried bouncing the SMTP, Routing, WWW & Exchange Services ?

Are you low on disk space ?

Is the pub open yet ?

Thanks for the advice, William.

Bounced the SMTP service and it seems to be fine now. Weird, I must admit!

If MS were logical, a lot of us would be out of work !!!

Are you relaying mail out of your server to your ISP's ? Or are you delivering via DNS?

If you are delivering via your ISP, then I assume you are receiving via them as well? if you are have you got your SMTP server set to only accept email from their IP? Reason I ask is that there was a spate of German email a while back, it was relying on your server sending out NDR's (Non delivery reports) which as the email senders address was spoofed, got deliverd to some unsuspecting so and so as spam. We had to turn off an number of servers from sending NDR's.

Regards Paul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom