Excited with SL63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1

Hi,
I have just taken delivery of a 2016 SL63 AMG, Facelift, Silver, Nightpack, Drivers Pack and Carbon Interior. Keen to find other SL63 owners to share experiences. One of the first is compared to my older SL55 the steering is very different. Needs a bit of getting used to. Reading some info it seems as if the wider front track and the steering rack have made the turn in very quick. Its certainly noticeable to me. Its fun learning all the nuances of the new one. Power is immense and the updated tech is great.

Take care all.

DB1

You've gone from hydraulic to electric power steering so that's probably the main thing you're feeling. Nice car, any pictures?

Here you go! Been out enjoying it in the nice weather we are having today...thanks for the good wishes everyone!
DB1

Attachments

• EB84E55F-8EA9-445D-9690-F8499E565525.jpeg
    EB84E55F-8EA9-445D-9690-F8499E565525.jpeg
    484.8 KB · Views: 104
  • FCEBC756-DA1C-433F-BD54-8C6A823179B2.jpeg
    FCEBC756-DA1C-433F-BD54-8C6A823179B2.jpeg
    476 KB · Views: 103
Lovely. Black wheels set it off a treat.

That is lovely , hate to say it but it looks even better than my SLK , normally I am not keen on black wheels but those look very special :)

Thanks for all the comments! I really liked the Nightpack which is the gloss black trim in the front, sides and back by the exhausts against a lighter body color. And the black wheels. The alternative color I considered was white with Nightpack. Also looks very nice. In any event this one popped into my price range and the others were too expensive for me as I also wanted the carbon interior and the Drivers Pack.

it would be great to gather a few other SL owners for a coffee once we are able to do that again.

cheers
DB1

Did you buy it in the Norfolk area ?

You've slightly under-stated it as 'silver'? What's the colour? It just 'pops'!

The black wheels look great too - I'm not normally a fan but the combo just works. Have you had this car detailed pre-collection?

LOL. It’s Iridium Silver Metallic. I didn’t want to seem as if I was talking it up! 😀. Not had it detailed myself yet but am planning to get it properly paint corrected and a few marks sorted out and then put GTechniq Ceramic coating. I have this on another car and it’s been great and really helps keep it clean.

LOL. It’s Iridium Silver Metallic. I didn’t want to seem as if I was talking it up! 😀. Not had it detailed myself yet but am planning to get it properly paint corrected and a few marks sorted out and then put GTechniq Ceramic coating. I have this on another car and it’s been great and really helps keep it clean.

Talking it up? On a Mercedes forum? Where else man? Your car speaks for itself, it's a peach.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom