Excited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kvz2000

Car
Mercedes W124 300e. Mercedes SL500
Hi ,
I'm off tomorrow to view a 1972 Mercedes W114 280e , had all relevant questions answered and loads of photos and all looks good , going to be a long day starting with a short drive , then train journey then flight then short drive but will be worth it if all goes well , overnight stay and then a nice drive home !
Updates to follow .

I wish you a good journey and an even better viewing, nice way to spend Easter

I wish you a good journey and an even better viewing, nice way to spend Easter

Thanks, it's costing me to treat my good lady to a nice hotel so I'll need to get the sellers price down a bit .

Hope all goes to plan and you have a lovely run up the road in your new car.

Wow. Beautiful. The cars not too bad either ;^)

That does look like a gorgeous, clean example. I hope you had the best of weather for your waft homewards. If you get the chance, please do post up some more pics of the interior.

Wow. Beautiful. The cars not too bad either ;^)

That does look like a gorgeous, clean example. I hope you had the best of weather for your waft homewards. If you get the chance, please do post up some more pics of the interior.

Ha Ha , cheers , yes I'm very happy with it , showing 45k miles and from the condition of the car it could be genuine , spent most of its life in France then to Eire and now heading to Scotland . There is some French paperwork that I'll get translated . I'm not too bothered about having it in perfect order I want to use and enjoy it , it does need a few jobs done , exhaust knocking , manual gears are very notchy and I'm hoping that's due to it not being used much in the last few years ? I want to fit rear seat belts so I can take my grandsons in it and it needs a radio and I'd like an old one or retro .
Other than that a service and a careful clean of the upholstery.
Just had breakfast and heading to Giants Causeway so I'll get some photos if it stops raining , will be looking for advice on where to buy the items I need etc

Hi All ,
Home now and car ran like a dream , my first job is to give it a good service , I'm looking for recommendations for best oils etc , engine, gearbox and diff to start with it's only done 3500 miles since last service but that was 11 years ago ?? It may have been done since then but I can't find any confirmation so to be safe I'd like to change the oils .
Can diff or gearbox oils go off if used as little as stated above .
Thanks
Donald

Such a cool car. Glad the collection all went smoothly. :)

Donald

The car looks fantastic. A Google will show the correct fluids. But some on here may give a better view on the best fluids, allowing for age and wear. My only advice in fluids would be: Do not scrimp, buy the best that you can.

Lovely looking car in a superb colour combination. Not a bad number plate either

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Donald

The car looks fantastic. A Google will show the correct fluids. But some on here may give a better view on the best fluids, allowing for age and wear. My only advice in fluids would be: Do not scrimp, buy the best that you can.

Thanks for that , yes Im trying not to scrimp on this car as I'm planning to keep it for a long time and want to look after it best I can .

Lovely looking car in a superb colour combination. Not a bad number plate either

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Yes I love the number plate but it's a Southern Irish reg and I don't think there is any way of keeping it as car should be registered over here and I'll get a standard UK one .

Done some detective work with the paperwork I found in the car and the good news is it's only had two previous owners , paperwork shows a French gentleman buying the car new and owning it for 31 years , then it came to Eire and second owner had it for 13 years , I've emailed the man in France and hope he is interested in chatting . I've also been all over the car and underneath and it appears to be rust free, so happy days . Still trying to work out how to get the dials out to get the dash lights working , it looks easy on what I've seen on the internet it should just pull out but mine is catching on something. Also still trying to track down some secondhand gear levers.

Lovely car-enjoy. Have you informed HMRC of your purchase? You have 14 days to do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom