Excited

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Absolutely fantastic, congratulations.

Is the paint original, if so amazing condition. I'm sure you will enjoy it and it sounds like the third owner will look after it as well as the previous two owners !! It's great when a plan comes together.

Is the paint original, if so amazing condition. I'm sure you will enjoy it and it sounds like the third owner will look after it as well as the previous two owners !! It's great when a plan comes together.

Yes paint appears to be original according to my body shop guy , in fairness it looks better in that photo than it does in the flesh , the paint has faded slightly and has a few small imperfections.
Yes I've contacted dvla and hmrc .

That's one great looking car:D
So period, so classy and....really? 45years old!:eek:
The wheels set it off nicely:thumb:

Lovely!

Welcome to the exclusive world of W114 motoring.

There's plenty of info out there on correct fluids for the M110.

Re gearbox - they are not the smoothest of boxes to start with, but change the oil to begin with, I doubt that's been done for some time. The likeliest cause of poor changes are the linkages and the bushes on the individual levers. Mine have been re-bushed with solid rubber and all the linkages checked and adjusted as necessary. It does help.

Give it a good look over and if it's rust free, invest in a good waxoyl and cavity wax it everywhere. Never ever take it on the road if there has been salt on it in the last month - I jest a bit, but these cars rep for rusting is fully deserved.

Is that your BMW 2002, which model ? One of my favourite BM's

Hi All ,
Home now and car ran like a dream , my first job is to give it a good service , I'm looking for recommendations for best oils etc , engine, gearbox and diff to start with it's only done 3500 miles since last service but that was 11 years ago ?? It may have been done since then but I can't find any confirmation so to be safe I'd like to change the oils .
Can diff or gearbox oils go off if used as little as stated above .
Thanks
Donald
The first "fluid" I would be looking to change is the brake/clutch fluid and maybe the flexibles as well depending on condition. Unless its been replaced by some of the ultra modern fluids being deliquesent it will have absorbed moisture. A couple of really hard stops and you might find your braking markedly reduced. Would be a pity to dent such a nice car. :dk:

Lucky Son. It must run in the family, classic cars. Keep the good work up :thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom