EXCLUSIVE! - New RHD Smart Roadster hits the road !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Just had the pleasure of driving to Leeds and back with 'smartbrabus' and his newly collected RHD Roadster.

It's shiny - isn't it . . . don't you just luuuuuurve that new car smell !

Cheers for the ride Andy - couldn't resist a picture or 2 !

This thing corners like they're not there ! WOW ! I NEEEED ONE !

:D:D

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

road3.jpg

road4.jpg

road5.jpg

road6.jpg

road7.jpg

:bannana:

S.

Nice pics si - ta :)

Doesn't really fit my username anymore though - will have to get my old brabus gearknob fitted in the morning...

Will post full specs in the members gallery soon.

specs

Originally posted by smartbrabus
Nice pics si - ta :)

Doesn't really fit my username anymore though - will have to get my old brabus gearknob fitted in the morning...

Will post full specs in the members gallery soon.

do you have the specs for this smart car?. Thanks.

I test drove one of these on the weekend. Words cannot describe the fun I had with it.

The salesman was calling me a girl for going around roundabouts too slowly!!!!!

Apparently the Brabus Bluewave model is now out, and our local is getting one next week. Looks great in the brochure.

Yes they are quite fun to drive aren't they - tempting to put a deposit down there and then isn't it ;) :D

Most of the dealers have got 1 or 2 of the brabus bluewaves in now out of the total 200 allocation, but at £18k I think they may be sitting around for a while - its the most expensive car Smart has ever sold! Hopefully they'll break them up for parts in about a year or so, by which time I might be able to afford a set of Mono VIs ;)

I gather that the Bluewave is a cosmetic package rather than a performance package. Still - it does look the goods.

You're right about the deposit too. I nearly did it.

I want one of those cars bad but I don't think there imported in the USA yet.

Originally posted by wash_me
I want one of those cars bad but I don't think there imported in the USA yet.

They don't meet the US Regulatory requirements yet ; that's probably why.

(Good excuse for a holiday to the UK to test drive one though :))

Not sure what the status of MB/DC's petitioning of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration is in the US right now, they've been trying to get it approved for years. Probably too much hassle for too small a market as far as they are concerned...:rolleyes:

The roads are narrow and winding and hence the small car is most suitable. Since the island has strict environmental regulations, the smart car is ideal with its eco-friendly features.it can be discussed o this link is gives more infomation, the Smart car finally passes our U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) crash tests. The Smart has passed all European safety tests, which many say are superior to U.S.A.
http://www.smartcarvideosite.com

Just had the pleasure of driving to Leeds and back with 'smartbrabus' and his newly collected RHD Roadster.

It's shiny - isn't it . . . don't you just luuuuuurve that new car smell !

Cheers for the ride Andy - couldn't resist a picture or 2 !

This thing corners like they're not there ! WOW ! I NEEEED ONE !

:D:D

road1.jpg

road2.jpg

road3.jpg

road4.jpg

road5.jpg

road6.jpg

road7.jpg

:bannana:

S.

What pixs I don't see any other than some square with red crosses? :eek:

Check the date on the thread mate - its about 5 years old so wherever those pics were hosted has probably expired now :D

I sold that car about 3 years ago. Still miss it, a bit.

Here's a selection of pics, not sure if they are the same ones but they are from the same timeframe.

http://picasaweb.google.com/andytaylor77/Roadster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom