.exe file

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
An exe file called nipedbnaco.exe keeps trying to go on line and my firewall is blocking it. Norton antivirus doesnt pick it up and neither does adaware6....................what is it and what should I do. BTW when you delete it is reappears :(

R2D2 said:
An exe file called nipedbnaco.exe keeps trying to go on line and my firewall is blocking it. Norton antivirus doesnt pick it up and neither does adaware6....................what is it and what should I do. BTW when you delete it is reappears :(

Have you tried running the latest stinger from the McAffee website?
I find this very useful from time to time

Edit: try this site also;

http://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

Try Right-Click > Properties on the file and see if it gives Company name, Version etc

I tried putting it in to Google but nothing comes up.

Presuming it is a programme on your computer, what folder is it in? Have you tried a search of C drive?

My bet would be it's something to do with a printer or other bit of hardware trying to register itself or search for updates.

Have you tried deleteing all your cookies to see if there is an associated cookie?

Ok. No cookies on computer, the file is in windows and is produced by Aurora Version 1.0.3.1 . I followed that link Alfie but nothing on there either. any other thoughts.

I've just manged to close it and erase it...........now will it come back?

Last edited:
If you cut & paste it to your desktop is a replacement created in your Windows folder?

Having erased it and rebooted .........its back:(

996jimbo said:
If you cut & paste it to your desktop is a replacement created in your Windows folder?

It has recreated itself in windows and is still trying to get online.

It is spyware...

OK. Do the following:
Put your Cursor on your taskbar.
Right click.
Bring up Task Manager.
Click on the Processes Tab.
(You will find a list of processes working on your PC).
You will find one with the name of the Spyware, delete it.
Then go to Start, Run, Type in REGEDIT, enter....
Thie takes you to the Registry.
The root file for the spyware you are seeking is in the Registry.
When in the Registry, execute the following Search command -
Control + F
This will bring up a dialogue box that you type the spyware's name in and it searches the whole Registry to find it for you.
If none of that works, there is only one reason...
The spyware has code written across it to deivert your browser and the name is translated on Registry so that searches don't pick it out for you.
In that case do the following>
Open the same Search window and type in SVCHOST, and also try SVCHOST.exe. This is a list of host addresses, and if there is an entry that has the spyware, and an IP-address next to it, you've found what you need. The way it hides the address is to translate the name into an IP-address, and you can't search for that in Registry because you don't know what it is.. easy. OK??

Flyer said:
Have look here .

Cheers flyer! That seems to have nailed it. Having read all the bumpf, the author of that spyware is going to be rather popular not! Thanks again :D

What is the IP address that it trying to connect to ?

Edit:- I see you've sorted it.

R2D2 said:
Cheers flyer! That seems to have nailed it. Having read all the bumpf, the author of that spyware is going to be rather popular not! Thanks again :D
Nice one, glad it worked :)

I'm not a hater, but there's a special place reserved in hell for spyware authors and scumbag spammers :devil:

The trouble is they waste so much time while you sort it out!

Last edited:
R2D2 said:
Type it into Google and they will take you to an uninstall site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom