Exercise Diary...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It depends on what you take/want to take and how frequently you take them?

What supplements did you have in mind? Protein shakes for mass building or a thermogenic complex to shed body fat?

You have to exercise caution with all supplements and bear in mind the ingredients in the supplements, whether you are allergic to anything that's in them. For example some people who are allergic to dairy have dairy free protein, some have an intolerence to creatine so take protein shakes that don't contain that.

You also have to bear in mind that your body can only take in a certain amount of protein per pound of lean body mass - dependent on how active you are/what you've done exercise wise, any significantly higher intake will lead to the body storing it as added fat.

I take Athletic Edge PreSurge as a pre work out booster after it was recommended by a friend who's a cage fighter... Athletic Edge Nutrition PreSurge Unleashed at Bodybuilding.com: Lowest Prices for PreSurge Unleashed

For me it has no real side effects, no bad comedowns, headaches, insomnia or anything like that.

The protein I use is PHD Pharma Whey HT+ PhD Nutrition Pharma Whey HT+ 2.2kg | PHD Nutrition - Discount Sports Nutrition Supplements | The Supplement Store

It's actually really good, has helped me tremendously with gains and repairing muscles that I've worked so will have another tub for sure, no bad side effects for me at all, but every person is different so the way your body will react to some supplements may be different to the next.

Of course you don't have to have supplements if you eat right, I didn't to start with but found it helped a lot.

Just eat a healthy balanced diet and dont go crazy with exercise !
it bad for you!
Take up Cricket fantastic social life and gradually bulid up your fitness(+/- a few beers!):thumb:

Thu: Jogging, 7x2/1
Fri: Rest
Sat: Climbing

tomorrow... probably will go climbing outdoors if the weather is this nice!

With regards to supplements, not all protein supplements agree with everyone. Weider used to do a Mass Gain which I bought very early on when I started training later finding out that the 'mass building' part of the supplement is mostly sugar :rolleyes:

Some protein supplements will claim miracles and if you look in the fitness magazines have adverts with professional bodybuilders and athletes whose gains your body may or may not mimic.

The cheapest and best place if you want to buy supplements from is myprotein.co.uk. You can even choose which type of protein you want to buy such as egg protein or milk protein (casein or whey). IMHO I would only buy a supplement if you are training very hard and your normal diet is not providing you with enough nutrients and you need the extra which is simply not possible to consume as solid food.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom