Exhaust Advice Please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iddy112

Car
W212 E63 S
New owner of a 5.5 w212 E63 S. As with a few of the chaps on here looking to get a bit more noise out of it. Have spoke to acid at MSL and recommended the resonator and cat delete through Torqueflow. Has anyone had that specific thing done? Any feedback? Happy with noise? And importantly any drone???
Thanks in advance

Leave it to guys from Torqueflow
They are awesome
With mod you described - no drone

All I did on mine initially was to replace the resonator with an H pipe, which was done by Torqueflow.

It sounded excellent with no droning. Slightly louder on start up, hardly any difference on normal driving though a pronounced bark under mid - hard acceleration. If I were you I'd try this initially as it will make a difference and you may be happy with just this mod.

I must admit that I've never heard of anyone having a cat delete on one of these. Mine had one cat per side, though these have since been replaced by Weistec downpipes which make it very loud under acceleration, and embarrassingly so on cold start. A relatively popular mod seems to be the Rado downpipe which leaves the original turbo back pipe in place though replaces the cat with either a sport one or none.

Thanks guys really appreciate the feedback.. I was initially thinking rado offroad downpipes. Have heard them in person and its exactly what im after. Do you think the resonator and cat delete as mentioned would give the same level/quality of noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom