Exhaust bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A160DSB

Car
A160 BRABUS Metallic Meteor Grey
Right, driving along today, going round a roundabout and i hear a scrapping of metal on the road.

sitting with the girlfriend I said "ohh that don't sound good, a car sounds really bad", and i looked around to try and work out which car it was. Then i realised it was mine :(

Basically, the bracket that holds the twin pipes up, bolted on to the car, not the rubber bit, is really rusty and has almost snapped, its bent and the rubber joint keeps falling off if i go over a bump really quickly.

Any idea, apart from the Stealer I can get one, and how much it would roughly cost. I googled and ebayed "Mercedes A Class Exhaust Bracket" but can't find anything that looks similar.

Cheers

any pictures of part broken i have two in scrap yard

i can get a picture tomorrow, its a bit dark now, but i need it like tomorrow, which is gonna be a problem 'cos i need the car tomorrow night. Ill see if dad can find a quick fix until we can get one sent.

were is the section that is broken

just a guess use galvo band and strap it it its metal strapping

ill draw a picture on paint. might help.

24o7gpw.jpg

For times like this good old fasioned bike straps are great for holding them securely, failing that how about a circlip or even plastic zip ties as a botch job for now?

Yeah they could work, i'll show dad in the morning when he gets home from work, and see what he suggests. A simple bracket like that shouldn't be too hard to pick up relatively cheap, surely?

Is it a bracket or rubber? Most garages (quick fit types) will have a huge selection of rubber mounts for exhausts, they should be open tomorrow so for some beer money they will probably sort it for you.

Lots of suitable brackets /metal strips and bolts at Wickes or B and Q to fabricate a suitable replacement. [open on a Sunday unlike most motor factors]

Na it's not the rubber mount, although its a bit tired itself, its the bit that the rubber mount attaches onto to hold the exhaust on to the car. Attached to the car, not the exhaust. the exhaust is fineee..

Any idea, apart from the Stealer I can get one, and how much it would roughly cost. I googled and ebayed "Mercedes A Class Exhaust Bracket" but can't find anything that looks similar.

£20.81 from MB, or less elsewhere:

euromercwebstore: Fitting Kit

It comes as a whole kit of all the exhaust suspension for the whole system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom