Exhaust Fitter Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

design guru

Car
2001 W220 Mercedes S320cdi & 2001 W208 CLK230K (SORN since 2008)
I have a W126 300se 1991. Recently my exhaust began making a lot of noise and on inspection by a local garage I was told the muffler was on its way out and would need replacing. They gave me a quote, but I have managed to get the part from the net, but now I have a problem in finding a fitter.

Most garages only fit parts they supply. Anyone know someone in the area of Portsmouth or local surrounding areas who can fit the part?

Its the piece which connects from the manifold down to the cat.

Any idea of time and price for this kind of job?

I've not heard of them fitting only parts they supply? Even Kwik fit, which i'd normally avoid, fitted a silencer supplied by me last year. I'd just ask them and see. My local friendly independent garage does exhausts much better than Kwik fit i discovered a few years ago so your options arent very limited i dont think..

try Olly @pcs,

I have a W126 300se 1991. Recently my exhaust began making a lot of noise and on inspection by a local garage I was told the muffler was on its way out and would need replacing. They gave me a quote, but I have managed to get the part from the net, but now I have a problem in finding a fitter.

If you drive round your various local exhaust and tyre places you'll find someone who'll fit it for a "drink", best time to go is in the afternoon when they're a bit quieter.

National Tyres put on my BRABUS exhaust. On a previous car a local independant tyre place that did exhausts fitted one I supplied myself. Ring around.

Does anyone have a diagram of the exhaust system and all the components. I need to know if I need any gaskets or a fitting kit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom