Exhaust Flap Module - help needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richc63s

Car
2020 AMG C63S Coupe Night Edition
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at buying either a RennTech or ASR module for my 2020 C63S Coupe (One of the plug and play modules which keeps the exhaust valves open all the time, normally they only open past a certain RPM, even with exhaust 'on') Just had a couple of concerns which I'm wondering if someone might know about:

- Is there a reason that the valves only open past a certain speed/rpm normally? Is it just for noise regs or is there a mechanical reason?
- Are there any warranty issues for using it? Would it show up on some kind of diagnostic check at a dealer?

If anyone's got any experience with this, let me know!

I've used the ASR one on my 2019 C63S but ended up removing it - reason being it seems to affect the power the car produces when the valves are fully open, especially towards the top end it felt like it was accelerating slower than my old C43 - once I removed it the difference was noticeable.

I don't believe it shows up on any diagnostics, I took my car in whilst it was fitted to check the above issue and they never mentioned anything about it.
It's easy enough to fit/remove though, so you could remove it before taking the car to a dealer if you wanted to play it safe.

Even if the issue I've had with power is limited to just my car, I personally wouldn't bother with one as it doesn't increase the noise much on the facelifted cars due to the particulate filter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom