Exhaust fumes quite smelly and gassey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kolobos

Car
SL400 AMG Sport 2015
I've just had my C220 CDi (w203) glow plug relay replaced and the glow plugs replaced with genuine parts. However I have now noticed that when i put my car in the garage and get out, it smells of fumes, a sort of burning smell and a little gassy? Any ideas please? There are no smells in the car.

Everything was running OK until the glow plug relay started playing up. However, this has been replaced with new glow plugs.

Thanks,
Steve.

Mine too.when I start in my garage is like non burned fuel .no white or black smoke.if you find anything share with us please.

Update

My car isn't making those smells now but is also now running like it's occasionally misfiring and the engine feels like it's running a bit lumpy. Went out in it earlier and it was completely powerless, like I didn't even have a turbo! After a while sitting in traffic the power came back and it ran ok. However, when I came to start it to put it in the garage, it took 3 or 4 seconds to start like before my glow plug relay was changed (old one was definitely faulty).

I have no leaks evident and the exhaust sounds as it should.

Can't get to my indy until Tuesday.

Steve.

My car is w211 e270 cdi .I checked with diagnostic equipment and it says cylinder misfire 2, 4.in idle the rpm needle jumps little bit.

UPDATE:

Car is still currently with the Indy mechanic/garage. The EGR valve was non operational so a new one has been fitted. However, the engine is still missing a beat now and then or when sat idling. The glow plug relay and glow plugs have been replaced as the relay was u/s.

Current thoughts are that one of the injectors is not holding the fuel pressure and allowing fuel to run back. Sometimes starting also takes too long. Car is currently awaiting fuel line and injector tests.

Steve.

Solved

I finally got my car back today and the main issue was indeed the fuel pressure rail. The garage have lent me their spare until I can source a good second hand one. New ones are a fortune and I have already spent over £1,000 so I do not want to buy a new one unless absolutely necessary.

Steve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom