Exhaust Options for my C63 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

w31ney

Car
C63 AMG
Hi All.

Sorry, I am sure this has probably been asked before.
I have just bought my C63 AMG and looking into Exhaust options.

I have seen the IPE system online, but do not know the costs or anyone who sells/fits the product.

I was also wondering what other options there are?

MSL will fit you one, if its the sound you're after, a cheaper option is to gut the secondary cats....

Acid at MSL in Birmingham stocks and fits the IPE exhaust. There are other valved exhausts, F1 is one brand I know of. For a full system I think you are up around the £3k+.
Quite often you'll see a C63 member put his car back to stock in readiness to sell and have an IPE up for sale. Might be worth putting a post in the "Classified Wanted" section.

To contact Acid, call 07765 444447. He can probably advise on alternative systems.

msl

Honestly, if you remove or gut the secondary cats the car sounds fantastic.

Be aware that if you remove the actual cats, then technically that's a MOT failure - nothing to do with emissions as since 2012, if a car came with cats, they should still be in place. If you remove you have the option of being able to still return to stock.

Or get them gutted so they are still in place but nothing actually inside.

My opinion is why spend 3k plus on a exhaust when you can get the cats sorted very cheaply and if its not loud enough then get the exhaust.

it really sounds fantastic

I just got a full IPE system (including headers) from a member here, cannot recommend enough!! I had my secondary cats and resonator removed before this and it's a whole different beast seriously, worth every penny. And you gain roughly 50 hp from the headers :).

ive gone for cargraphic
havnt heard them yet but heard the ipe in person on sun and they are pretty good far better then you tube sounds

IPE 100%

Once you've had IPE you simply don't need to hear anything else

Iv had my IPe system fitted for a few months, went with just the headers and sports cats first but the noise although sounding great was a little too much all the time and I always felt bad starting the car in the morning waking everyone up.. Sounded like a shotgun and set alarms off hahaha

So bought the full system and wired in the valve.. Great increase in power again and it gave the option of stupidly loud or sensible loud.. Haha

I also got the Eurocharged v5 remap and is a completely different car.. Transformed and bloody quick..

Thanks Guys.

I am hopefully taking delivery of the car this weekend.
By the sounds of things, IPE sounds the way to go (if I can get it with the on/off switch)

I will contact MSL unless anyone else has any other recommendations.

Will let you guys know.

MSL is definitely the way to go. I am there next week getting weistec down pipes and exhaust on my E63 biturbo.

Thanks Guys.

I am hopefully taking delivery of the car this weekend.
By the sounds of things, IPE sounds the way to go (if I can get it with the on/off switch)

I will contact MSL unless anyone else has any other recommendations.

Will let you guys know.

IPE in stock :bannana:

IPE in stock :bannana:

Looking through this forum, I'm only hearing good things about you.:thumb:
I'm based in NW London, so not too far.
Please are you able to quote me on the IPE system.

Looks like everyone is singing praises on the IPE.
I've only heard it on YouTube which apparently does it no justice :s

Thanks

I have ipe long tube headers and middle sports cats fitted at Msl and the car sounds an absolute monster!:D
I kept the original resonator and back boxes!
Ps: the car is very loud under acceleration but ok when cruising if you want to be able to switch you better going with the complete system.

Looking through this forum, I'm only hearing good things about you.:thumb:
I'm based in NW London, so not too far.
Please are you able to quote me on the IPE system.

Looks like everyone is singing praises on the IPE.
I've only heard it on YouTube which apparently does it no justice :s

Thanks

You are probably better off calling him to discuss quotes. # in Post 3.
Can you make the MSL dyno day on 9th Aug? Good time to meet up with some of the hardcore AMG guys and get the work done while you wait.

Hi everyone. New E63 tt owner here :D
Can I do any minor tweaks to my car in order to get a 'better' exhaust sound or are these options just for the C63? Not sure what 'cat deletes' are but they might work for me if it's possible??? My car is on a 2yr lease so will this be allowed? Do I need to notify anyone else either?
Sorry for what might be basic questions but I don't have a clue when it comes to modding cars :(
TIA

DJM said:
Hi everyone. New E63 tt owner here :D Can I do any minor tweaks to my car in order to get a 'better' exhaust sound or are these options just for the C63? Not sure what 'cat deletes' are but they might work for me if it's possible??? My car is on a 2yr lease so will this be allowed? Do I need to notify anyone else either? Sorry for what might be basic questions but I don't have a clue when it comes to modding cars :( TIA
weistec down pipes and the car will sound awesome and won't be shy of power too !;)
Give acid a call you won't be disappointed !:D

Hi everyone. New E63 tt owner here :D
Can I do any minor tweaks to my car in order to get a 'better' exhaust sound or are these options just for the C63? Not sure what 'cat deletes' are but they might work for me if it's possible??? My car is on a 2yr lease so will this be allowed? Do I need to notify anyone else either?
Sorry for what might be basic questions but I don't have a clue when it comes to modding cars :(
TIA

You'll have to put the car back to its original state if it's leased.
Your insurance will need notifying if you do any exhaust modification. Find out if they will allow it before doing anything.

There are a few 5.5TT E63 owners on here who have modded their exhausts with different headers etc to get a better sound. You could do that and then put your car back to factory exhaust before hand back.

Soon be time to look at the new c63 options...weistec already have options for the GT

You are probably better off calling him to discuss quotes. # in Post 3.
Can you make the MSL dyno day on 9th Aug? Good time to meet up with some of the hardcore AMG guys and get the work done while you wait.

Yeah - I don't see why not. Sounds like a plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom