Exhaust options on a c63 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Osc63

Car
gtr
Hi there just brought a c63 and looking to increase the sound of it. But not looking to ruin it. Any options to look at thanks?

secondary decat and resonator delete is loud enough for most and is done at a reasonable cost
then it headers and valved exhaust but around 4-5k
horses for courses really

secondary decat and resonator delete is loud enough for most and is done at a reasonable cost
then it headers and valved exhaust but around 4-5k
horses for courses really

Last two cars I've had full systems downpipes etc. But have been loud.
How does the 1st option sound ?

I had the IPE Valved Cat Back system fitted to mine, lovely deep base when closed and just that right amount of noise when fully opened.
However, after hearing the Frequency Intelligence system i wondered if i had made the wrong choice?
If you can go and here the 2 in the flesh.

I had only secondary's out first. Didn't really make a great deal of difference to the sound. Maybe a tiny bit louder on cold start. I then had primary's out and it's savage! With the eurocharged map it spits flames. As said above. Horses for courses.

Primary decat, resonator delete will give you the perfect v8 sound you are after. Did that to my cls 55 amg and couldn't be more happier. And whilst you are there get a remap and job done
Contact eurocharge. You will love it trust me.

From what I have heard of C63's, resonator and secondary cats with straight pipes is more than enough. Although great I don't think I could live with an IPE or F1, especially at the price:eek:

Great how much would a valves exhaust be? And would it sound stock once closed

had a qtp valve fitted to my c43 can change the sound from stock to loopy with remote couldnt be happier with it

Osc63 said:
Great how much would a valves exhaust be? And would it sound stock once closed

Valvetronic exhaust typically 2-2.5k per set.

Once closed, quieter than stock. Does lose a bit of the AMG bark. Just a bit.

Removing the secondary's and a remap is enough, but then I am getting old... :)

Agree......... I had remap, secondary decat and resonator removed, but it just drew too much of the wrong type of attention if you wanted to give it plenty of throttle in a built up area and kind'a defeated the object as you were likely to get pulled by the boys in blue.

So I had the resonator replaced and now live with just the remap and secondary decat, it keeps that deep V8 rumble and crackles on the over run and down changes.

Have a read of my thread where I review headers bolted to an AMG system a couple of minutes after I installed it. I love it now, but it's a lot different to stock and you have to go through a horrifically loud period before it tones down a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom