Exhaust pipe renewal - V230 Petrol - (97)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

floyd9t8

Car
V230
Just a quick one, I need to replace my exhaust (the back and middle section). Are there any special technics/requirements in order to do this? as i'm doing it myself for the first time.

Hi , looking at a picture on eBay this system is quite sophisticated in the front section as it appears to have a secondary connection with a lambda sensor and a throttling device. It's very easy to break adjoining parts of exhaust systems whilst attempting to replace other parts. Being a van you have a bit of room if you can get it a bit higher but really your better off using a pit or a lift. Often you'll struggle to fit an over axle system without one. Get some help. Disc cut old parts of system with a grinder and 1 mm slitting disc or alligator type/ reciprocating saw if you cannot undo bolts. Remember not to leave other parts unsupported or they'll break if they're old! . if this isn't your bag get someone else to do it. It's so easy to hurt yourself and /or damage your vehicle. Replace perished rubbers and don't buy a cheap system. They are more often than not ill fitting and do not silence adequately or last long! Most important of all safety first,gloves safety specs and a dust mask and a securely supported vehicle are a good start.If you have doubts get a local garage to help you. Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom