Exhaust quandary.... help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MOR8A

Car
W212 E63 PPP AMG
Ok to try to condense a very long story...........

I want to replace from the secondary cats back on my W211 E55 AMG with something louder than I have. I do not want any cutting of my current system. I spoke to Sebring (who make all the AMG exhausts) and asked them if they could make me a system for my car but to use SL55 rear boxes (with moded tips so they fit correctly) or alternatively the E55 rear boxes but unbaffled. It was a no can do as they are not allowed to sell any AMG exhausts to the public! So that was the end of that avenue.

After much searching and messing about I thought I had found the answer when I checked out Supersprint, it was the perfect system set up................. until I listened to the video they have of a full system on a CLS55. Now I realise the video recording equipment was not that good and the the car is running on a dyno but I just cant help feeling that it is just too quiet. Then I thought what about the supersprint ''pipes'' with Eisenmann ''race'' mufflers............... I dont know if it will fit together or not? Perhaps it will..... maybe with some slight modding? Perhaps some of you guys will know if that would work or not? Or perhaps you have a better idea?

I look forward to your suggestions and feelings on this matter.

Many thanks in advance.

Simplest solution is to remove the centre muffler(s) (aka resonators) and replace with straight-through pipe. That's an easy & cheap mod. that any competent exhaust centre can do - quite a few people here have done this. Slightly more extreme, remove the secondary cats at the same time (apparently the main cats alone are sufficient for UK emissions limits). Again quite a few people here have had this done - search on "decat".

Check mbworld.org there is a thread there about Exhausts and getting a nice new noisier one :).

Ok to try to condense a very long story...........

I want to replace from the secondary cats back on my W211 E55 AMG with something louder than I have. I do not want any cutting of my current system. I spoke to Sebring (who make all the AMG exhausts) and asked them if they could make me a system for my car but to use SL55 rear boxes (with moded tips so they fit correctly) or alternatively the E55 rear boxes but unbaffled. It was a no can do as they are not allowed to sell any AMG exhausts to the public! So that was the end of that avenue.

After much searching and messing about I thought I had found the answer when I checked out Supersprint, it was the perfect system set up................. until I listened to the video they have of a full system on a CLS55. Now I realise the video recording equipment was not that good and the the car is running on a dyno but I just cant help feeling that it is just too quiet. Then I thought what about the supersprint ''pipes'' with Eisenmann ''race'' mufflers............... I dont know if it will fit together or not? Perhaps it will..... maybe with some slight modding? Perhaps some of you guys will know if that would work or not? Or perhaps you have a better idea?

I look forward to your suggestions and feelings on this matter.

Many thanks in advance.

You need a mid section to delete the cat, forget supersprint, get a good exhaust shop to do it. Keep stock resonator on to the Eisenmann, only get the Race version if you dont do headers otherwise get the Sport.

Happy modding!:D

You need a mid section to delete the cat, forget supersprint, get a good exhaust shop to do it. Keep stock resonator on to the Eisenmann, only get the Race version if you dont do headers otherwise get the Sport.

Happy modding!:D

Hi and thanks for the advice, what makes you say to keep the resonator?

I can fabricate something for you if you wish retaining the stock tail pipes.

I can fabricate something for you if you wish retaining the stock tail pipes.

Hiya Olly

Horndean hey..... one of my favourite bitters comes from there (well it used to) HSB...... I love it.

Anyway thanks for the offer, perhaps we should have a chat about it to save a huge amount of typing? The rear boxes have got to go though they are way too quite and heavy and restrictive. Could you send me your phone number. Ta.

You should do a video once you've done it - I'm interested in hearing mods as I have only my rear cats cut out (which I love) but I would like it a little louder but I don't want it to sound ****.

Hi and thanks for the advice, what makes you say to keep the resonator?

It makes the 55k drone from what I read + if you fit the eisenamnn race with no cat/resonator it will probably be stupid loud. Mine is still in and I have the Sport eisenmann, any louder then my set up and I would need ear plugs for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom