Exhaust Tip Polish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

STABBA

Car
C63 AMG
Hi Guys.
Just wanted your experienced advice on polishing the amg exhaust tip. I don't have the time to polish myself (I'm very weak) so was wondering if anyone knows of a body shop that will use a device that will polish them quickly and effectively? Is this a thing or am I being too vulgar? Due to where they are located, can a polishing device be able to get to them and polish them thoroughly? Thanks for your help

The tips are too small to get a polisher on them so I used a drill with a wire brush attachment and some A̶n̶u̶s̶o̶l̶ Autosol to clean up the insides, then Brasso followed by Autosol with a cloth to polish up the chrome.

I use a couple of squirts of Iron-X type wheel cleaner, jet wash/hose it away then some 0000-grade wire wool with a bowl of soapy water and apply elbow grease.

Finishing off with some Autosol metal polish

Petrol on a rag will get 80% of the soot/tar spots etc off.

Bit of metal polish on a cloth (Autosol etc) will bring up more of a shine. But if you're not able to just a wipe down with petrol and a cloth will improve then greatly anyway :thumb:

Not worth looking at bodyshops for this job IMHO, only takes a few minutes, even a local car wash place would probably do them if you asked :)

I use shiny sinks.

Another vote for Autosol or Autoglym do one that's very very similar. Meguiars do one in a pot that is pretty good too.

If you put your metal polish of choice on a long strip of rag and pull the rag with two hands back and forth over the exhausts it takes no effort and is quick.

I cannot imagine it taking more than 10 minutes to do a half decent job by yourself tbh so why not do that?

Tut 10 minutes ...I wish ...:dk:

Attachments

• 6tip at show.jpg
    6tip at show.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 52
Buy a performance diesel.....mine after at least 3000 miles!

Attachments

• Diesel.jpg
    Diesel.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 29
Barkeeper's friend is good stuff.

Some fine wire wool and t-cut works wonders

A drop of diesel to take the tar and grime off, then Peek or White Diamond metal polish. Worked well on the truck diesel tanks

I actually managed to get mine off not long after I bought the car, so was able to give it a real good clean. Greased the screw before putting it back on so now it's a doddle to get off when it gets really caked - I live in the countryside

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom