Exhaust Tip Polish

STABBA

Car
C63 AMG
Hi Guys.
Just wanted your experienced advice on polishing the amg exhaust tip. I don't have the time to polish myself (I'm very weak) so was wondering if anyone knows of a body shop that will use a device that will polish them quickly and effectively? Is this a thing or am I being too vulgar? Due to where they are located, can a polishing device be able to get to them and polish them thoroughly? Thanks for your help

AMGeed

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2014 E63 Biturbo
The tips are too small to get a polisher on them so I used a drill with a wire brush attachment and some A̶n̶u̶s̶o̶l̶ Autosol to clean up the insides, then Brasso followed by Autosol with a cloth to polish up the chrome.

Conquistador

MB Enthusiast
Car
2012 S350L BlueTec
I use a couple of squirts of Iron-X type wheel cleaner, jet wash/hose it away then some 0000-grade wire wool with a bowl of soapy water and apply elbow grease.

Finishing off with some Autosol metal polish

Will

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
GL63 AMG / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
Petrol on a rag will get 80% of the soot/tar spots etc off.

Bit of metal polish on a cloth (Autosol etc) will bring up more of a shine. But if you're not able to just a wipe down with petrol and a cloth will improve then greatly anyway :thumb:

Not worth looking at bodyshops for this job IMHO, only takes a few minutes, even a local car wash place would probably do them if you asked :)

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
I use shiny sinks.

Alex225

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS63 AMG
Another vote for Autosol or Autoglym do one that's very very similar. Meguiars do one in a pot that is pretty good too.

markwibbs

Car
Mercedes CLK
If you put your metal polish of choice on a long strip of rag and pull the rag with two hands back and forth over the exhausts it takes no effort and is quick.

AngryDog

Car
E60 M5
I cannot imagine it taking more than 10 minutes to do a half decent job by yourself tbh so why not do that?

french

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi TT RS 2.5 , Zanussi Wd12: - LG Combi Multiwave - Swan 9 slice toaster with removable crumb tray
Tut 10 minutes ...I wish ...:dk:

Attachments

DrFeelgood

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
BMW 740Li W172 250 petrol
Barkeeper's friend is good stuff.

Bigdrew

Car
Ml350 bluetec clk220 CDi w209 amg styling 18in amg wheels cla 220 cdi amg sport
Some fine wire wool and t-cut works wonders

topline

Car
C200 CDI Sport Edition
A drop of diesel to take the tar and grime off, then Peek or White Diamond metal polish. Worked well on the truck diesel tanks

Emmell

Car
C230 V6 coupe
I actually managed to get mine off not long after I bought the car, so was able to give it a real good clean. Greased the screw before putting it back on so now it's a doddle to get off when it gets really caked - I live in the countryside

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top Bottom