Exhaust Tips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanteTheGreat

Car
2019 Mercedes C300 2.0L M274
Recently acquired a facelift W204 C180 (Way over my initial budget, but that's another matter). Anyway, the car seems to be very good condition, especially the interior (previous owner must have been some kind of perfectionist), but if there's one thing I don't like, it's the exhaust tips, pictured below. It's just so cheap looking for such a nice car.
Suggestions anyone?C180 Mosaic.jpg Exhaust Tips small.jpg

Looking at your photographs it looks as if there is very little space between the two pipes. I would ensure that any after market tips have the fastenings at the top and bottom as opposed to the sides.

Looking at your photographs it looks as if there is very little space between the two pipes. I would ensure that any after market tips have the fastenings at the top and bottom as opposed to the sides.
Good advice. Thanks

I had the exact same issue with my C180K, I actually angle grind the existing pipes off quite far back to ensure the existing couldn't be seen through the tips.

Was a right faff and the end result looked naff to say the best but that't what i'm left with for now.

I'm going to get booked in for a custom exhaust, made from stainless steel with a proper backbox to get a better look and sound.

Dependent on taste and personal preference, you may find that knocking the innards out that tip and sliding it into your existing pipes, gives a cleaner look.

The current trend trend is very much for “fake” tips that are stuck into a hole in the bumper, leaving a great view of the original tips poking out behind the fakes.

By losing the centre in the one shown you should at least get a look of a single wide tip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£79.99 for that is a rip off, they are disgusting.

Compared to the cheap looking plain steel pea shooters you have now? I don't think so. o_O

You've got two closely positioned pipes, what are your options really?... Replace the whole backbox or take it to a metal fabricators who can cut out that section and weld in a single fatter pipe.

Compared to the cheap looking plain steel pea shooters you have now? I don't think so. o_O

You've got two closely positioned pipes, what are your options really?...

I've openly said mine are shocking and wouldn't suggest it to anyone purely for how dogshit mine look!

Options are get a exhaust off another Merc or a custom, neither are overly cheap but £80 for a tip is insane. Plus when it looks like that, Christ.

The C250 is also a I4 and so has one exhaust line front to rear. They have the fat wide tip from the factory.

C280 upwards are V6 so have two zausts from front to rear, so you might not be able to nab one of those.

Here's mine which I had off last week, for instance.
IMG-0216.jpg

The large polished stainless steel tips are removed with a single allen bolt from these ulgy inner tips.

If you look closely at the picture, the left side pipe has a join half way up. All of the cars with only 1 exhaust has the exhaust on the left, so this join is probably so that the same back box can be used on both types of car. I4 cars get a joining pipe that doesn't incorporate the right hand exhaust, and the V6/8 cars get this different section that has the twin pipes and the right hand exhaust (which isn't separate).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom