Exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kcsun

Car
SL63 AMG, GLE 350de, RS4
Is it true that MB dealers are reducing the noise of AMG exhausts now?
Can you refuse to have the update
Can people like MSL turn it back on

I am not talking about "after market exhausts" only original equipment

kc (with a lovely sounding SL63 exhaust in S+ mode)

Yes, its true. EU Regulations:doh:
I'm sure Imran at MSL can bring back the sound that has been lost.

Seems to not be the law to an ever increasing amount of young owners of less than 50cc fart box m’bikes who clearly are in love with the thought of owning a Ducati Hypermotard 950 SP. 😒🥱

Are the MB dealers actually reducing the noise levels of older vehicles when the cars are being serviced, or are we just talking about the fact that all vehicles manufactured at the factory in the last two years are now quieter than the previous versions? (to meet latest EU regs)

How do you reduce the noise level of a car with no exhaust valves to open/shut?

I wish someone would legislate against noisy fartbox exhausts and modified ECU's on older cars that the owners have added. Im fed up of listening to older cars driving past with farting and popping exhausts. It looks and sounds ridiculous.

Are the MB dealers actually reducing the noise levels of older vehicles when the cars are being serviced, or are we just talking about the fact that all vehicles manufactured at the factory in the last two years are now quieter than the previous versions? (to meet latest EU regs)
I really hope not - its half the fun of owning a V8. I suspect its just the fact the EU has stricter noise regs coming in in 2026 where cars can't go above +71db (from what I read this morning) - a combination of additional OPF's and redesigned exhausts. Supposedly the new CLA45 and A45 are already compliant.

If MB tried to quieten my car during or after a routine service, with no good reason to, I would be livid.

The EU legislations are in relation to cars being manufactured, and 2018+ MBs are subject to these newer legislations such as the OPF and lower than 71db sound levels.

On the other hand I have had first hand experience of a new A45S with the OPF removed, and boy does it sound incredible!

Just cut and weld a pair of these in, no chance of 'mapping' these out ! :banana:

Im pretty sure most of the reduction in noise is a feature of the newer cars having to have an OPF filter fitted. That’s why the pops and cracks have quietened down and the exhaust sounds less fun! It affects all manufacturers not just AMG and it’s why I won’t be buying a newer car if I can help it!

Like fake tits.
Nothing wrong with that, just so long as they're done correctly 😂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom