EXHUASTCLK W208 55AMG to CLK W208 230K

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dotmikes

Car
Mercedes CLK 230K 2001
Hi all,

isit possible to fit W208 CLK 55AMG muffler to a W208 CLK 230K Advantgarde?

thank you.

You may need a creative welder as well because I'm positive the 55k pipe running into the muffler is a larger diameter than a 230k one.

Yes but you will get a better sound but less power due to changing the gas velocity.

This !!!

I put a c43 back box on my 230k, hated it, lost all the urgency from the engine, much better with the smaller bore Remus I replaced it with

You may need a creative welder as well because I'm positive the 55k pipe running into the muffler is a larger diameter than a 230k one.

It is indeed. I went through every combination as you can't get a genuine 230k system from MB it's discontinued.

Tony Banks in Leeds did all the calcs for me and whichever other model exhaust you used you lost power.

In the end they built me an exact replica of what was on it but in satin stainless steel an awesome job for very little money and all power retained

thanks for replys..

I am really after a twin pipe look at the back but would prefer a mercedes design that doesnt lose power.

thanks for replys..

I am really after a twin pipe look at the back but would prefer a mercedes design that doesnt lose power.

I went twin pipes with an aftermarket box but it didn't look right to me so went back to large oval. If you want twin you will have to have one made just let them copy your back box and go to a twin outlet other way if your box is in good condition cut off the oval pipe and get a twin pipe welded on

have you got a link to pictures of your motor mate ?

Here's a few shots of it with the Oval pipe which was a direct copy of the Brabus exhaust it came with. Will have to look on my computer at home for the twin tail pipe shots.

319EC647-6855-476E-A07B-31A1F936D849_zpslc88bumc.jpg

Besssie_zps29ba191e.jpg

Doncaster-20120604-00004.jpg

that one on your motor is the same one i have now.
mbqpld.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom