Exit pipe positioning of center box 124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Evening,

Can anybody tell me what angle the middle section box join pipe (the pipe that joins on to the back box) comes out from i.e. is it angled to the left or the right?

i have a rear sebring back box which is made just for the 220 and the pipe which is to attatch to the centre box angles to the right on the sebring.

My current middle section angles to the complete opposite the left. This is in sync with the current rear box and fits perfectly.

The middle section and the back box currently on my car is not original.

The prob im having is the Sebring does not line up correctly with my current middle section thus making the exit pipes not sit in the bumber recess. The twin pipes should sit comfortably in the recess for which it does not.

Going on the basis that Sebring made the box especially for the car, i need confirmation as to what angle the middle section join pipe should be. I can then make a logical choice to get an original middle section rather than bending the Sebring join pipe to fit my middle section which i dont want to do.

cheers:thumb:

^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom