expanding foam?!?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

siduck83

Car
ml 270
I have recently bought an ml270 02 plate, after having a problem with heater plugs the aa man noticed when he lifted the eengine cover the engine apperead to be covered in expanding foam. does anyone have any idea why someone would do this?

I know it's used as sound deadening but no idea why it would be used in the engine bay!

There is supposed to be an insulating pad there... maybe someone lost it and improvised?! Or maybe a bad attempt to hide a leaking injector?

Are the fixings on the cover broken? It's possible some muppet in the past has used the expanding foam to hold it in place :doh:

Thanx for the response. I think it could be a leaking injecter! i need to get it sorted any idea what i should be expecting to pay? i am new to mercs so i dont know what to expect.

2 of the fixings where missing and where the two halfs of the cover meet one of the clips had snapped. i hope it is just a case of some idiot trying to stop a rattle. how much damage do you think this could of done?

It is a leaking injector not to bad to sort out! but there is air gettin into the fuel line so it wont start in the mornings without easy start and then is fine for the rest of the day! need to find out if it is the seals, the lift pump or the high pressure pump?

yeah mate thanx for that tip it seems to have done the job

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom