expected service interval for a 5.5 tt engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My carbon footprint is fairly low to be honest. We don’t do a lot of miles PA in the family car (even fewer this year!), walk most places locally and I didn’t buy it new.

Did anyone mention that the 5.5 Bi-Turbo M157 is actually more fuel-efficient than the earlier 6.2 M156?

Tom, just because someone doesn’t agree with your own views, it doesn’t make them invalid. I stick with MB and AMG’s spec for oil changes and servicing in general - I am comfortable with that.

Change your oil every week if you like, I don’t think it’s necessary though! :)

This is exactly my point. I don't agree with the MB specified oil service intervals. Especially so on a high performance engine. I'm just pointing out I am of the believing to change oil in much less miles accumulated or on a yearly basis. It doesn't hurt in my opinion. It "benefits" the engine if the long term in my opinion.

And changing every week would be a little silly Will, like the statement in the first place.

Not many people do agree with me on this forum mostly "m157" owners lol. Am I bothered. Am I .u.k lol

My family footprint isn't that massive either. But a mid term oil change isn't going to break the camels back either!!! Just saying 😉

Let's hope you M157 owners dont come across Hakon's findings with his car. Like said in previous post. A mid term oil service can identify other issues on some occasions!!!!

That he has rectified to he's liking. 👍

Let's hope you M157 owners dont come across Hakon's findings with his car. Like said in previous post. A mid term oil service can identify other issues on some occasions!!!!

That he has rectified to he's liking. 👍
This disproves what you’re saying. The issues with Hakon’s car were not related to the frequency of the oil changes?

That’s to do with the incompetence of those who were supposed to be fixing his issues.

Ironically it had been in for several inspections - both pre and post purchase, and they didn’t spot or resolve those issues.

The bonnet had been lifted on several occasions - changing the oil filter and pouring new oil in wouldn’t have helped?

This disproves what you’re saying. The issues with Hakon’s car were not related to the frequency of the oil changes?

That’s to do with the incompetence of those who were supposed to be fixing his issues.

Ironically it had been in for several inspections - both pre and post purchase, and they didn’t spot or resolve those issues.

The bonnet had been lifted on several occasions - changing the oil filter and pouring new oil in wouldn’t have helped?

Yeah yeah yeah, just pour the oil in, no draining process or chainging filters and undoing bolts and so on. Just a THICK tech at a overated MB workshop adding oil!!!!!

Stick to your regimented intervals!!! I'll stick to mine. I've given my views. I've nothing more to add.

Not a chance in hell would I let my engine oil run 12.5 k

Yep, people who maintain extended oil changes are not being smart about things. Oil and filters are cheap insurance. While manufacturers are now suggesting 15-30k mile service intervals to attract fleet buyers, owners should be more careful. There are many reported issues with me Mercedes Benz variable valve timing, premature chain sprocket wear and BMW rod bearings that would likely be avoid with frequent oil changes.

If cost is the problem, learn to change your own oil.

Just as well I'm unlikely to ever do more than 5k miles a year;)

I had my E55 for just over 6 years and did 23k miles in total.
My M157 did 3433 miles between services this year.
I'm not going to need extra oil changes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom