expected service interval for a 5.5 tt engine?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DavidL

MB Enthusiast
Car
s203 C55, x218 CLS63
Could anyone tell me what I should expect in a car's history from new in 13?
Thanks

Every 12 months or 15k miles, whichever is soonest.

Should have had an A service 12 months after registration followed by alternate B and A services.

Thanks both, so due another big service next year then.

Cheers Phil.
MB Poole set mine at 15k after the last service? Not that it will do even 5k.
Check service book it should state 12.5k

Not a chance in hell would I let my engine oil run 12.5 k

Call it overkill but I personally don't or won't let a high performance AMG engine go beyond 8k with engine oil service. Or yearly. I doubt I would ever do the 12.5 k in an AMG per year anyhow. These cars do get got when driven as that's there purpose to be a performance car. But I have my current car changed around 5/6k. Overkill to some but I personally think it prolongs engine/components.

It doesn't do it any harm that's for sure.

12 months or 12.5k service interval on mine (M157) also.

It used to be 2 years for some of the earlier AMGs (eg both of my old E55Ks and my CLK55) so I don’t see 12 months/12.5k as excessive either.

I think the logic is, if you’re averaging 1000+ miles a month then you’d probably be doing a fair few longer journeys. But either way you’ll be having a service once a year regardless.

MB specifically chose the 12.5k interval for these AMG models, it’s longer for the regular cars.

Funny how people will modify and remap and do whatever they want with their own cars, but don’t trust the very people who designed and built them with an oil change interval :D

^ Light the blue touch paper and stand back Will😜

I agree. Mercedes wouldn't state 12.5k miles if it was detrimental to the engine.
That said, more frequent oil changes can't hurt.

Or that some people can’t read the answers provided

“It's every 12 months or 12.5k miles on the 5.5L M157 / M152 AMG's”

perhaps they are worried about the reliability of their own pet?

24 Plugs? Nope

M113K 16 Plugs
M157 8 Plugs

I do beg your pardon your effervescent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom